Mini Tummy Tuck and Liposuction - Help??

I am 29 years old and live in New Zealand and had...

I am 29 years old and live in New Zealand and had a baby 3 and a half years ago. I put on alot of weight when I was pregnant and after I gave birth I had to lose nearly 30kilos within six months to fit in my wedding dress (which I did). Unfortunaltey I have a medium amount of belly fat and saggy skin that i cannot get rid of. I workout like a demon and I eat very well so I know this is somethign which I cannot fix on my own. I have been looking into surgery for two years now and I have had three consultations, each consultation has told me that I need lipo and only a mini tummy tuck. I am a bit nervous about the recovery period and what actually will happen to my body, how i will feel etc.. I have been researching but until I found this site I hadnt found anythign too helpful. My operation is booked for one month from now (4th July). Has anyone had both the procedures at the same time? Any information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. I am quite comfortable with my choice of surgeon unfortunately he works over two hours away from where I live so is not really accessable for information.

I am getting so much more excited and very nervous...

I am getting so much more excited and very nervous actually, my paperwork came through from the hospital so spent saturday filling out millions of forms :) My hospital is two hours drive away so I am going down with a friend the night before and then I dont have to worry abotu traffic or driving there. I am scheduled to go in at 9.45am New Zealand time. I cant believe its actually happening. I have only met with my surgeon once and that was a very quick visit, my that said I do trust him and he said its a very common operation. Im a little worried about the bruising from the lipo and not being able to move too much after, but trying not to think about it too much. I have been working out hard and working with a nutritionist but the last week and a half I have been so slack and I just cant seem to get focussed with my eating. I have put on a kilo and a half in two weeks so I need to pull my head in and lose some more weigh before the operation.. grr so mad at myself. But I need to stop focusing on the negative and focus ont he upcoming operation and how amazing its going to be too have no saggy belly!! Woo Hoo.....

I haven't had the surgery yet, but will in a month.

Hi guys, im out of theatre and recovery.. it was very frightening going in but not too bad after, ive had lots of morpheine. Very very tender and a little nautious.. my tummy is quite sore and i can really feel my new belly button. Update more soonn
Hey cnz, how are you feeling? Just a couple days to go. Are you excited? Nervous? I've been super excited but as expected, the nerves are slightly getting to me now, not about the surgery but about the fact hubby only has a few days at home, then I will have a 4 year old to cope with. Its worrying eh. X
I don't think it's cos I'm organised, I think I'm just super excited and getting all these bits and pieces ready just encourages all the excitement. Kind alike when you go on holiday and you get a new suitcase, or new clothes, or toiletries for going away....all adds to the whole thing. There is something wrong with me.....I am soooo excited and yet no nerves. You'd think I WAS going on holiday the way I am. HA HA HA
Wow, you guys sound super organized, I haven't really thought about what I will need. What type of things do you have packed? lol I guess im going to have to get started on my lists. I am not staying overnight in the hospital as im kind of freaked about them after the birth of my son (harrowing) but i have on site accomodation so I will be very close. I am getting very very excited now, it is only 19 sleeps for me.

I had to tell my trainer finally that I am having the surgery and i didnt get a very good reaction, im kinda bummed about that. I mean they meant well when they said I looked good and didnt need it, but they are not the ones who have to tuck their tummy into their pants all the time and who have this awful muffin top over pants and im just so conscious of it all the time. I have had a personal trainer for over two years and work out every day. I also have a nutritionist who gave me an eating plan and I follow that and my stomach still isnt how I want it to be. So i have made this very personal decision and i am so bummed that people are judging me already.
CNZ, I have nothing packed per say. I will be going in at 8:30 a.m. for surgery which will take approximately 5 1/2 hours for both procedures and then I should be able to go home anywhere from 1/2 hour to 1 hour after surgery. I was told to wear something comfortable. I was told that I would not be able to pull my pants up or down for a couple of days due to the breast augmentation so I figured a simple comfortable sun dress would surfice. My husband is a very organized and well thoughtout type of person and he always prepares things way ahead of schedule. It's really nice when the anal part of it remains in tact! LOL!

People are going to be judgemental. Your trainer has probably never been overweight a day in their life so they have no clue what it is like to have the issues we have with our bodies. I have people all the time asking me why I'm getting the surgery. I tell them it's all camouflage I look like I'm well indowed with my breast because I started wearing the ultimate pushup bras by maiden form when I started loosing enough weight to even see my breasts! I did that know that when I got to my goal weight I would be getting the augmentation it was my way of getting people use to see me as a large breasted woman. I am actually a small B cup and because of the lose in weight they do sag a bit. And my tummy is rediculously saggy tons of skin hanging. I should get busy taking my befores and getting them on so others can see, I may do that this weekend. I look at it this way it's my body I abused it most of my life by overeating and not taking proper care of it with diet and exercise. OK Shame on me but I reversed that behavior and have corrected the way I take care of it. I workout everyday with P90X (AWESOME PROGRAM) and I eat very healthy now. I do endulge once in a blue moon but very limited to how much I do that. Now that I have gotten myself down in weight there are simply some things that are preventing me from finishing! My sagging tummy prevents me from doing the jumping exercises due to the slapping that play havic with my conscious making me self conscious that others can hear. I run but I wear an extremely tight workout pant to prevent the slapping. Goodness I can't wait to put that behind me! I'll be darned if I am going to allow anyone to get me down for doing something for myself after all the hard work I've put into my transformation. I tell people I'm doing this for ME not my husband any other man or anyone else just ME! I will not rest until I can look in the mirror and be happy with what I see. Granted I do not think your trainer is trying to be negative about this decision but they probably see this decision as your still being unhappy with yourself. It is a personal decision and one you will be very happy with in the end I'm sure!

To add to my already lengthy comment, (SORRY!) There are two people I use to work with in another dept where I work that have spread rumors that I had some kind of surgery to loose the weight. I just laugh, she has tried to loose weight and has failed miserably. I lost weight by working my butt of in diet and exercise. I was working out twice a day 1 hour in the a.m. before work and 1 hour after work. Yes I lost it fairly fast but without surgery. However my opinion is that what does it matter how you lose it as long as you lose. People are so petty and judgmental but they are not worth my time. You get this done for you and don't worry about idiots that try to judge you!
CNZ: Don't let the judges get to you! I live in a small Midwest town and I am keeping my surgery to myself. Telling co workers it's female surgery. It's very personal and don't let anyone make you feel bad about your decision. It's your body! Good luck to you! My TT is Aug 9th
Hi Fluffycloud! Yes I'm noticing alot of us are having our procedure around the same time. I was really shocked that my PS is willing to come in on the 4th of July for my post op visit. As for the tightening of the muscles I would think that it would feel sore like you had workedout your abs really hard I'm thinking the pain comes from the lipo but I don't know! I had a consult with two PS's that had opposing opinions about how necessary the lipo and muscle tightening is. One says it is completely necessary and the other says it's not unless it's needed and not everyone needs it.

I guess you could say I'm starting to get things organized. I just went tonight and bought a little sundress to wear to the surgery center and home. It's just a simple little black strapless hi/low dress. My husband is a critical care recovery nurse so he got all the products that will be needed for after care. It was quit funny he went with me to my consult and was talking to the PS about the drains and bandages. The PS said oh I am so not worried about your healing progress I know your going to do great, you have a wonderful nurse that knows his stuff. ;D (Big smiles) What can I say I got lucky! LOL

Yes two weeks Tuesday! I have a calendar and have been crossing off the days! ;D
I thought lipo was part of the TT procedure however my PS told me that he would only do lipo if needed. I did request that he for sure do lipo on the monds area as this too is an area that is very bothersome to me. He additionally told me that he would only do the muscle tightening if needed. After examining my stomach he said that he thinks I could use a bit of a tightening but not much. I am a bit nervous that I may not get the results I desire but I am again going to push the concern when I see him again. He seems to work well with requests if he knows it is a big concern. Anyway I do believe the majority of TT's include lipo. I don't think your going to be any more sore then if you do not have lipo. I was told my BA would be more uncomfortable then my TT will. I guess we will soon find out! Your surgery is the day after mine. It seems so far away yet it's so close! I can't wait!
Oooh, A new me regi, You are booked in the same day as me. Seems to be quite a few of us around the same time huh. I was told the same regarding muscle tightening, he reckons i don't need ti but that once he is in there and thinks I do he will do it, but only if it is needed. I'm hoping not as I believe that is one of the most painful parts of tt. Are you starting to get stuff organised....I'm so excited. Even bought new pj's for hospital. Bought bio-oil to use on my scar when he says it is ok to do so. 2 weeks tuesday. :)
You sound very like myself although I am getting the FULL tt. The surgeon wants to do lipo on me too as he says I don't need much and it will give me a better result. SO.....both at the same time. Yikes. I guess it's probably better to get it all over and done with in one go but after reading all the stories on here it's the lipo that seems to cause the pain and bruising! Oh well....keep telling ourselves it will be worth it in the end eh. :)