Breast Implant Size Reduction..- New Zealand, NZ

On april 7th 2013 i traveled to thailand to get...

on april 7th 2013 i traveled to thailand to get breast augmentation. i had a quick consult and was forced to make a quick decision about my implant size. i choose 355cc. i have hated them since day 1 and am now seeing a surgeon in nz to reduce the size ov my implants. not only am i unhappy with the size i am also botteming out on my left side. which the surgeon is also going to fix. i have no feeling what so ever in my breasts, even 3 months out. my scars are 8cms long under my arm. i was told 4-5cms long. very disappointed with the whole experience and the results. just wanting to get feed back from some people who are in the same situation as me :) thank you.

Photos

Photos

Goal photo

Just what I hope to look like

Hi! I downsized from 400 to 230. I love I am much smallrr but even still wish I went down to 140-175 range. I will eventually remove or go smaller. If yoi arent happy, do it, I felt instant relief and my like was a 180 turn around. You may need strattice or tue very least some internal sutures for your low implant, you do nt want it happening again. Look into a capsullorhaphy to tighten the pocket. Lighter implants will help.
Oops meant 220.
I'm really sorry you're going through this. My best advice is to find a different ps. I had a ba revision this last feb and I am now bottoming out on my left breast. I wish I would have found a different ps to do the revision. Now I have to have a 2nd revision. Best of luck.
Thanks. Yeah I have found a new ps in nz. He very helpful. Good luck to you too
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I just read your story and can so relate to it..I can understand how stressful it is do be a lot bigger than you wanted to be. I was a 32AA and wanted a natural look and ended up with a 32D was very stressful and unhappy with them but kept this size for 9 years! I had a revision with and went from 375 cc saline (armpit) to 175 cc silicone (armpit) and am now a 32 b/small C and love them. My only regret is not getting them redone smaller as soon as I could 9 years ago. You can read what I posted about it my revision I think by clicking on my user name above...I just posted this week. I think if I get them redone again I will go even smaller 140/150ccs, I just like the more natural look. Good luck! and feel free to email me directly if you have any questions. :)
thanks for your comment, i too like the more natural look and thats what i was trying to achieve but didnt. im still trying to make a decision on what exactly i what to do, my partner thinks just straight forward removal, as i have been up happy since they were placed. but i will be dealing with them before the years through thats for sure !
I downsized from 400 to 220. Check out my review. The pics during the healing process make my boobs look different sizes, but you can see in the final pics how my breast settled more and the swelling went away- they had to do a lot of internal work with the downsize due to symmastia and lateral displacement from a large implant. Hope that helps!
shoot just wrote you a really long message and my laptop died ! thank your for your comment, i can relate to both your reviews. can i ask did you post your removal review after you reduced size? so your not happy with just the downsize??
I posted removal first because that's what I wanted. I didn't end Yo removing. I an happy with my downsize. It was the right choice. If I could do it again id go smaller!
what surgeon did you go to may i ask? i had surgery in NZ and they weren't good (and he is apparently the best in NZ!) and he quoted me minimum $10,000 to fix one breast! I'll be going to Thailand to get them fixed i think
In Thailand I went to tria hospital. Which surgeon did yours in nz?

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the results you wanted the first time around. Personally, I think you look great, but if you are bottoming out, I can understand why you would want to address this. How did you end up going to Thailand to get your surgery? Glad you have found a PS in NZ for your revision. Let us know how things progress for you!

Thanks. But yes I guess you pay to improve your look and you don't get the results you wanted its a bit disappointing.
i have read that going down just 50cc will not make much of a difference, but mine are high profile and if i downsize 50cc as well as profile to a med profile i think i will see i big difference?? or do i need to go down more cc's? need advice on size !
             mod profile will make you smaller in the front and bigger on the sides! high profile which you have now is bigger to the front and smaller on the sides! i had both profiles! i have high profile now! i would go down 50cc if you just want to see a small difference but 100 cc if you want and even bigger difference! when is ypur surgery scheduled for?
I find them very wide now with high profile.. ? I haven't booked it in yet but ps said he could do it 2mrw if I wanted. I'm just still undecided on what I wanna do. I was originally just going to remove them. But then thought I would regret that, so now trying to make a good decision that I won't regret. I want to be a perfect sz for me I would say a small c. Ill put up a pic ov my goal. I want to be able to not wear a bra :)
             mods are wider than high profile!
            if you want to see a major difference in size you might want to go down 100 cc or more!
really? i did suggest i go down to 200-220cc to my ps but he recommended 270cc. aswell as going down a profile.
             what size did your 335cc bring you?
Started as 12a (nz size) and am now a 14d
             is your surgeon going to give you a discount for revision surgery? do you feel comfortable posting pics?
Yeap. Just a lil discount tho. Still costing 7800nzd. Will post pics today :)
             i personally dont think they look bad! but your ps did make your underarm scar a bit to long! that i agree with you! what size cc are you planning on downsizing?