Scar Revision and Liposuction of Hips/Abdomen - New York

When I was 20 years old, I had an ovary removed...

When I was 20 years old, I had an ovary removed due to a very large cyst. The resulting scar was deep and long, stretching from below my belly-button to the top of my pubic area. This year, at 26, I decided it was time to have the scar revised.

I met Dr. E after interviewing several surgeons, and Dr. E was the most positive doctor I've ever met. He immediately made me feel comfortable, as did his office staff during my visits. He was upbeat and assured me the surgery would be easy and that I would look great when finished. In order to get the best results, he suggested that the surgery should includ a scar revision and liposuction from my abdomen and hips. We scheduled the surgery for this past July.

I am incredibly happy with the results. I had the surgery three weeks ago, and I look unbelievable. Dr. E has been incredibly available to me both before the surgery, during my recovery, and now, a few weeks later. He provided me with his cell phone and email address. My stomach and hips are now flat, I've had almost no swelling, and the scar is very thin. I look amazing - in and out of clothes.  I couldn't be happier.

What type of procedure did Dr. Engler perform to remove the scar? Was it like a mini-tummy tuck? Did you have lipo of the entire abdomen or just the area around the scar? Thanks for the extra info. I am considering something similar.
I went to see Dr. Engler about a scar I hated on my abdomen. He examined me and then asked if he could make some suggestions, which I said was fine. He told me that, in order to have the best results, I should do lipo of several regions (including my love-handles and entire abdomen) and then have him remove the scar. I decided to go with what he said, and it turned out exactly the way he said it would. It's unbelievable how much better I look. In my case, the scar was vertical, not horizontal, so it wasn't exactly a mini-tummy tuck, but he says it's the same idea. In any event, since each patient is a little different, the best thing is to have a consultation, and I'm sure he'd be happy to see you. He's great!
New York Plastic Surgeon

I had an amazing experience and Dr. E is a wonderful person and surgeon. I couldn't be happier with the treatment I received and the results.