Not Sure if It Will Be Worth It - New York

I don't like my nose. It is too big and wide...

I don't like my nose. It is too big and wide for just anybody's face. I am really nervous now because my plastic surgeon said he is not going to remove any skin. He is removing cartilage only. I just know I won't be happy unless he removes some of the skin to decrease the width.

Right now it is too much skin and I can't imagine how much extra it will be after the surgery. Plus, I don't know how long it will take the skin to shrink if it does.

I had rhinoplasty on Dec 30th. I still have a lot...

I had rhinoplasty on Dec 30th. I still have a lot of swelling and my nose is still really wide but I am happy the hump is gone. I will post some before and after pictures. Has anyone had any steroids injections to reduce swelling?

Can you post a photo so we can picture what you're describing (you can blur out your eyes if you don't want to be recognized)? Are you sure you're going with the right doctor for you? It almost sounds as if you should go to a few other consultations to make sure you're getting what you want. Definitely make sure you and your doctor have discussed your expectations at length before you go through with this. You don't want to go through the discomfort and expense only to be unhappy with your results.

Keep us posted!