Great Results, Some Lasting Effects - New York

I have been getting Restalyne injections for...

I have been getting Restalyne injections for 'marionette lines' around my nose and mouth for about 3 years now, and the last time I went the doctor put a tiny bit in my upper lip to fill out some fine lines there. I abolutely LOVE the results. I go when they have a '2 for 1' special (one syringe is $750), as I need a lot on one side of my face. I go for two syringes once a year, and then maybe for another touch up 6 months later.

Lately I have not had to go for touch ups as the effect is cumulative to a degree. Mostly the pain is minimal- although around the lips is a very sensitive area and some of the injections do hurt, the pain goes away very quickly. There is swelling after the treatment, particularly around the lips. I looked like a duck after getting my lips injected. That took about 3 days to go away.

There is also bruising, but arnica ointment minimizes this and promotes faster healing. The down side is that you get used to the way your face looks with the injections and unfortunately the results aren't permanent. But if you go to a good doctor and get the right amount of filler, the effects will last at least 6 months and probably longer. At least that has been my experience.

Dr. William Greenberg

He is very good with the injections, he doesn't over-fill and I feel that I experienced the least amount of pain possible. He doesn't give patients that waxy, frozen, over-injected look. This is not the cheapest facility, but there prices are competitive and they have great specials from time to time.

Hi New York,

Great review! It provided a lot of information the community, such as Northumber is looking for. I'm glad this worked out so well for you. We would love to see pictures if you are comfortable sharing. Other community members have mentioned they wish their face would stay how it is when they first get injections. Your info about the ointment is important, thanks for passing that on. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Dear New York5005, Thanks for the post.I'm going to have the same areas injectioned but done here in Ontario, Canada (the city is)Peterborough @ Dr. Melinda Gooderham's practice. Her injector is the key- a professional & an artist so I'm nervous but excited too. I'll rate her office for all of us women who do not live near Toronto but want a little 'something' done. Yes, I've had her checked out & among others, my family physician reccomends her. Northumberland372