VI Peel Did Wonders For My Skin - New York, NY

I went to Dr. Strachan for help with a few dark...

I went to Dr. Strachan for help with a few dark spots and acne on my face. She suggested I try a Vi Peel. Wow what a difference! After about 7 days, my skin was clear and glowing. I got so many compliments on my skin from my friends and family, I was thrilled. I've always had problem skin, and to see my face so smooth and dewy looking was definitely a first. Dr. Strachan also gave me a daily cleaning regimen for my face with products that help maintain the results of the peel. I get a peel every year, and that's all I need to have beautiful skin all year round. I am so glad Dr. Strachan recommended it. She knows a lot about treatments for darker skin and I trust her to make the right recommendations for me. I highly recommend a Vi peel.

New York Dermatologist

Dr. Strachan is a great dermatologist. She is very knowledgeable, courteous and professional. After years of acne and bad skin, I never thought my skin would look as good as it does. She answered all of my questions and helped me find the right products for my skin. It doesn't take long to get an appointment, and the wait time to see her once you're in the office is minimal. Her Union Square location is very convenient. She also takes insurance, which is a huge plus. I highly recommend Dr. Strachan for all of your skin care needs.

I would love it if you would fill us in a little more on the actual peeling process. How many days did it last, did you feel comfortable going out in public, was there any irritation or discomfort, etc.?

For me the peel lasts about seven days. Nothing really happens the first two days. Around day 3 I begin to peel slightly around my nose and lips. Around days 4, 5 and 6 the peeling begins on my cheeks and the rest of my face. The peeling is greatest during this time. It's very much like a snake shedding its skin. I personally don't feel comfortable going out on those days because there's so much going on on my face, and it's best to let the skin fall off by itself so I can't pull it off and go out. It's also best to stay out of the sun during this process, so I just lay low during that time. I try to schedule my peels a couple of days before a long weekend so that the worst is over by the time I have to go back to work. Days 6 and 7 the peeling is almost done. Most of the skin coming off during that time is around the edges of my face. The peel is not irritating and I don't feel any discomfort during the process. It's just lots of peeling. I use generous amounts of the moisturizer that comes with the peel so that my face doesn't get dry. As the "old" skin falls off the "new" skin becomes visible. Some dark spots come off with the peeled skin, and my skin tends to look brighter and cleaner afterwards.

Thanks - this is very helpful information! Its smart that you plan your peels around long weekends. I will have to keep that tip in mind. :)