Uneven Results - New York, NY

I had the first of a series of six Vanquish...

I had the first of a series of six Vanquish treatments a few days ago. The treatment was very painful and I was left with a deep gouge that makes my abdomen look asymmetrical and significantly worse than it did before the treatment. Will this resolve itself? What should I do? Was my level of pain an indicator that something was going wrong? According to everything I have read on the internet, Vanquish is supposed to be painless.

Discontinuing Vanquish

The pain was just too bad.

Considering treatment at another clinic

The asymmetry in my abdomen has resolved and I do look a bit thinner since my one treatment. I still have mild tenderness if I press on my abdomen but it is not bothersome. I'm considering resuming my Vanquish sessions but at another clinic in NYC. In retrospect, part of my pain was probably due to the fact that I was prone on a surface that required my feet to be lower than the rest of my body for 45 minutes, and my back went into severe spasms because it was so arched for the entire time. I would be grateful if someone would weigh in on whether resuming treatment might be a good next step for me. Thanks in advance.

I was treated by a woman in my dermatologist's office. She seemed kind and competent but perhaps didn't take me seriously when I kept asking how much longer the procedure would be because it was so painful.