Upcoming 65th Birthday, Upcoming Facelift... -New York, NY

I always knew that I would have cosmetic surgery...

I always knew that I would have cosmetic surgery one day, and that day is finally here. I've held up pretty well so far, but my jowls and neck need some attention. I'll be getting an upper and lower blepharospasm in a few months too. I am comfortable with myself and don't want to look different. I want to be natural and look better! I am kind of anxious about the whole procedure but I guess it's time! I'll try to do updates and keep posting.

3 more days...

The clock is ticking...Thursday I'm going in! I would like to get it done right this very second because waiting is not fun. I just want it to be over with and be on the rocky road to recovery! One of my greatest fears is this - since I'm having the FL done at a surgery center and not a hospital I have to stay at a nearby hotel overnight. How am I going to walk into a hotel on the upper east side? I've seen pictures and its not pretty! What if there are kids in the lobby - I'll scar them for life! Anyway, I'll keep you all posted. It's time to read a few more PS stories!

Tomorrow...

Can't wait until it's over and lim on the road to recovery!

Update - 9 days

Here I am 9 days after surgery and coming along pretty well for the most part. Time to catch up on my posts! Surgery on 8/15 went well, local with twilight,(propophol), felt nothing. Face and neck lift took 6 hours or so, which is why my PS didn't want to do the upper and lower bleph at the same time, (since I have high blood pressure), but it would have been great to have it all over with at one time. Whatever, better safe than sorry! After surgery went to nearby hotel to recover where I had an RN with me who monitored me, gave me my meds, made sure I was always safe and kept in contact with the doctor. PS came by the next day, removed bandages and drain and I went home. Although I looked kind of freakish you could definitely see improvements in neck area already.
Felt great to be home, although everyday was another surprise. I started bruising and swelling in different places and although some areas looked better, others looked worse. I was not in that much pain but took my meds the first few days; mostly I felt uncomfortable.
I went to the PS on 8/21, six days post op. He removed a lot of stitches and thought I was healing well. I was feeling much better and asked about makeup, going out, etc., he told me to continue to take it easy, not move around to much yet and no driving - nothing to cause tugging or pulling. So I am kind of (!) bored here, although I've gone out for a ride or two and I plan to walk a bit once the sun goes down.
Overall I'd have to say that I'm impatient, although I'm sure we all are. I've had my moments but for the most part I'm fine. The bruising has improved a lot, but I still see some swelling that causes me to feel that I look kind of weird. Still have numbness and getting some tingling but I'm dealing with it.
I have some pics I'm going to try to upload to this post from my iPhone, if not I'll add a separate update. My next doctors appt is on Monday, hoping to get the rest of my stitches out and hope all continues to go well!

Adding pix

Pix

11 day update...

11 day update...

Went to the PS yesterday and the rest of the stitches were removed; now I can wear some makeup. I feel that I'm still me with the neck and jowls gone, very happy about that. We talked about setting a date for my eyes but I'm going to wait for my next visit to set a date. Birthday is coming up in October so it will be after that. Still have some swelling, primarily under my chin, also on my cheeks, (I'm chipmunk-ish), but it's improved a lot. Bruising is minimal at this point. I sort of feel that everyday is an adventure because I'm never quite sure what I will see in the morning when I wake up! Looking forward to having everything being more stable everyday. I know it will take time; surgery takes time. Enjoy your evening everyone!

4 months out...

Just a quick update! I wanted to put a more recent pic up; I hope this works! I had an upper and lower bleph at the end of October; I may need a little tweaking for some overhanging skin near the outer corner of my eyes, but I'm fine with it. I'd like to change my profile pic but haven't been successful. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Quick update...

Figured out to change profile pic. That was easy :)

Yes, you look wonderful.
Thanks :)
65? You look much younger than that! ☺
That is supposed to be a smiley at the end, but it's so small that it doesn't look too smiley. And I can't edit it. Sorry!
Thank-you so much Sawatdee kaa!!! I definitely am 65! And I was able to see your little smiley on your post, no problem
You look fabulous! I am inspired by your recovery pix and "4 months out" update shot - I want my neck to look like yours!!
Thanks so much AToZ! I'm sure you will look terrific! Don't be too concerned about obsessing about surgery; I know I did and I'm pretty sure every one else did too. I'm looking forward to finding out who your surgeon is, (I'm in NYC too). Sounds great! Keep in touch.
AND by the way! You look WONDERFUL! Isn't it totally amazing???? Kathy
Yes it is Kathy. Still me, just better! :)
who was your dr?
Dr David Cangello on East 56th St. I really have to get back to you later and give you the info.
Did you ever disclose who your PS is??? I haven't gone back through all of the thread so maybe it showed up in exchanges in the comments section. It's helpful to be able to go to their website and see photos or explanations of the procedures they offer.
I keep meaning to post the info. It's Dr David Cangello I'll have to get back to you later with the info. I don't think there's too much on the website
You look beautiful...great results!!!
Thank-you so much AZDee!!!
Your look great...neck soooo improved and eyes are open and very natural appearing. Did the same PS do all the surgery and do you know what type of facelift you had? tks for posting after things have settled out as this is very helpful in seeing how the healing process translates into a more final result.....grace60
Thanks Grace! I used the same PS for all procedures. I know we spoke about different type of facelifts before the surgery but I blocked out the gory details. I know the FL took many hours so I'm sure he did a lot of work. I have an app't next week and I'll ask again.
You look wonderful! I'm scheduled for January 31st! and me too, I'm so nervous about the anesthesia. I wish I could be my way to recovery now
Anesthesia was my #1 big fear. I think I worried SO MUCH I didn't sleep entire nights for months prior to the surgery. Finally I got tired of worrying and decided I would do what my Mom always told me, wait til THAT DAY! LOL. Seriously that morning went so fast I had no time to worry. The staff at Austin Weston were wonderful and Dr. Weston is so funny you just have to laugh. Before I knew it I was on the table and the last thing I heard was the anesthesiologist saying "the bars open" and then I woke up! It is truly amazing. Seriously- it will never scare me again. Kathy
Thank you Kathy! I feel much better
Good! :-).
Thanks laly! I understand how you feel about anesthesia; I was glad I was able to get twilight. Did you discuss that with your PS? I prefer to be awake and aware, but not in this case!!!
Oh yes! many times, He says he has the best anesthesiologist for years working with him. I will have intravenous anesthesia.
My doctor said the reason it takes so long is that he takes his time and the stitches are very precise, general anesthesia because he wants no movement.
I am learning so much from reading about everyone's experiences with a facelift. You look fantastic. even on the days you think you don't look so good, to others you do. so that is going to help me from being too critical about myself. my facelift is schedule for mar 4. 2014. that's the only time I could get the time off. wish it was tomorrow. it will be 5 hours long under general anesthesia. did you only have local and twilight? the being under for 5 hours worries me. take care and enjoy your beautiful new look!!!