Want to Look the Way I Feel - New York, NY

Well I just turned 40 and I have been thinking...

Well I just turned 40 and I have been thinking about a breast reduction for a while. I'm 5'4" 155-160(ish) 2 kids 2 divorces. Can blame the pregnancies for the stretch marks but the weight gain is alllll me. After my second child(I was 32) I went back down to 135-140 no prob but around 36 the weight gain just didn't come off as easy as it used to.Tried dieting -AGAIN- and just can't do it-- I HATE dieting. I've been working out(strenth training/cardio) 3 days a week with a professional jui jitsu instructor so I am toned and in the best physical shape I've been I since my 20's ! Decided to go for tummy tuck and lipo along with the breast reduction because I want my body to be in proportion, not have small boobs and bigger belly ! I am very nervous and excited at the same time. I have been stalking REALSELF for a few months and have learned soooo much.I will do my best to share my experience with you brave gals : )

Pre op today ! Was a lil nervous but the nurses...

Pre op today ! Was a lil nervous but the nurses were so nice and that help calm me down. 12 days to go ! Can't wait to be home healing. Wishing all the gals happy healthy 'uneventful' healing :)

4 days post op. I'm getting better but each day...

4 days post op. I'm getting better but each day but wow-much discomfort especially with the drains and pain pump dangling everywhere. If anyone has questions please in box me. Too mic info to write on here. Happy healthy healing. :)

Referral

I'm with you on the drains. I do NOT like them. I like them even less on day 14. At this point, they are really the major source of my pain and discomfort.
Yes mine were in for 9 days. Major inconvenient and really gross ! Lol. I was driving at 2 weeks but really haven't done much but relax. My house is a mess still---went back to work at 4 weeks it was ok- I only work a few hrs a day but when I get home I crash. It def gets better day by day but it seems like it will NEVER get better. Hang in there hope you have support w stuff and time to recover still.
Ps- looking good :)
Thanks!
Oh my gosh you did it! Congrats!!! Welcome to the flat side!
Thanks What a journey. 5 1/2 weeks PO. Feeling about 65%. Had a lot done so I know healing is gonna take a while.
Well you just look awesome! I bet your so happy! I updated today also for the first time in 10 weeks!

Welcome to the community.  You go girl!!!

So excited for you and I look forward to following your journey,