Best of the Best - New York, NY

We live in a world of seemingly unattainable...

We live in a world of seemingly unattainable standards. Everyone has their own struggles and I myself have been through a roundabout of weight management and skewed body image. I had been uncomfortable in my own skin for a long time. Through behavioral modification of exercise and nutrition I had lost over 100lbs which culminated in a disproportionate excess amount of skin and fatty deposits throughout my entire mid-section. Eventually I found myself at a plateau which led me to seek the expertise of a body sculpting surgeon to open the possibility of the next chapter of my life.

The search for a suitable plastic surgeon in which my father, he himself a prominent NY MD, would approve of began. Now I knew I needed the surgery, it was just a matter of picking and choosing the right hands for me. On the hunt for two years it was my good fortune that Dr. Engler was recommended. During my initial consultation, I realized I found exactly what I had been searching for. His warm and professional support staff took extra care in answering any questions and concerns. Never once disregarding any of the trepidations I had. I was met with sincerity at the first office visit and throughout my course of treatment. In reference to Dr. E. I knew I was going to be taken care of. He immediately put me at ease with his apparent dedication to the work. Everyone has their own talent and it became evident that this type of work was his life's purpose; he knew exactly what he was doing. I couldn't be happier with where I'm at currently as Dr. E. has helped transform my body. He was engaging, informative, inspirational, and the cherry top-per was his keen sense of humor.

After surgery, he was physically by my side till the moment he shut the door to the car service. He called that night and every day (twice a day) till the next time I was in the office for my post-op visit. Though he wasn't by my side per se I had a total sense of security.

To say my entire life has changed is putting it mildly. Dr. E has given me a new found confidence. How I perceive myself and how I'm perceived by others has shifted dramatically. In comparison with a myriad of others who claim expertise there is none other like Dr. Engler from this experience. I highly recommend him.

New York Plastic Surgeon

Welcome to RealSelf.

Congratulations on achieving your weight loss results through hard work.  That alone is a long journey.  I am happy that you were able to finish this up with a wonderful doctor.

Enjoy your new body.