Ready for Change! - New York, NY

I am getting really excited about my TT. I have...

I am getting really excited about my TT. I have been wanting one since my first pregnancy when I gained over 75 pounds. I know, YIKES! So after my second and final pregnancy it didn't get any better of course, even though I only gained 30 lbs. I have gotten down to the 180s and my goal is to lose another 10lbs before my surgery and maintain it. I'll finally have a flat stomach again, no more kangaroo pouch lol.

Next month I go for my last visit before the surgery. Anyone whose had a TT done have any suggestions on questions I should ask? They did tell me that my skin is not as stretchy as they like so I may have a vertical cut as well but I don't really care as long as my belly is flat and smooth again.

I did it!!!

I am 2dpo and holy shit does my body hurt??!!! I'm glad I did it tho. I haven't seen my belly yet but it feels really flat. I've been taking my meds to help me sleep and deal with the pain. I've developed a cough from the anesthesia and it hurts SO badly when I cough. Like my stomach is gonna explode. I will write a better update and put some pics up once I'm feeling better and better healed.

fuck my life

Tomorrow makes 2 weeks post op. It's been rough! I have been in and out the ER because I have been coughing a lot (which is horribly painful) and having shortness of breath. It's scary. I finally found out today, after an xray, ct scan and vq scan that I have pneumonia and part of my lower left lung has deflated. So now I have to take antibiotics and use a breathing tool to help expand my lungs. My belly is very swollen still, more on the right where my drain was removed than on my left side, where I still have a drain. I have to wait three more days to have that one removed because my dr isn't available until then.

Let me go on record saying that so far I am VERY unhappy with my aftercare. I will go into more detail as to why after my next visit. I'm having trouble breathing still and need to try to go to sleep. Pray for me. I'm so miserably uncomfortable.
Dr. O

Thanks so much @brandnewbelly13 I should be asleep lol
Good luck tomorrow!!! :)
Hi Erica49595! Congrats on your weight loss, you come a long way:) you'll look amazing after surgery!:) I'm having my TT and lipo next week!
Hi Erica49595! My skin wasn't that stretchy so I have that little vertical that used to be around the old belly button. I'm with you- it was a very welcome trade off. Before I had it done I just asked him to drawn the line on my belly where he was going to cut so I'd know if I was really ok with it. Good luck!