Bye Bye Twin Skin! - New York

Tomorrow morning is my tummy tuck with lipo. I've...

Tomorrow morning is my tummy tuck with lipo. I've been slim and fit my entire life. I bounced back very quickly after my 3 1/2 year old daughter was back. When we decided to have another baby, we got the shock of our lives when we discovered we were having twins. I carried our identical twin boys to 38 weeks and they were born big, healthy boys. The pregnancy did quite a number on my body. I have a massive diastasis recti and a ton of hanging skin. It's so ugly and I cannot wait to get rid of it.

I am petrified. Going under for surgery is scary. I have no idea what to expect pain wise. I had a c section with the twins and thought the whole thing was really no big deal. The pain was VERY manageable. Time will tell.....!

Welcome to the community:)  I hope you are doing well and resting comfortably today:)   Check in with us when you can.

I am 10 days post op. My surgery went well and I...

I am 10 days post op. My surgery went well and I was very comfortable when I got home. Days 1 & 2 post op were very hard. Each day since then has gotten better and better. Now I feel tight and sore. I can't eat too much at a time because of the tightness which is good for loosing more weight I wanted to! :)

I have swelling by the incision which seemed to increase considerably; doc said its totally normal.

I think it looks fabulous and I'm so happy. Even if I do swell more, it can only get better from here. I'll post some before and afters soon.

Hope you are still doing!

Day 16 post op. Still tight and swollen, not...

Day 16 post op. Still tight and swollen, not awful though. My incision looks fantastic. I keep feeling what may be little muscle spasms and it feels like a baby kicking!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

New York Plastic Surgeon