Tummy Tuck Aug. 1st - New York, NY

So after 2 years of consideration, I have finally...

So after 2 years of consideration, I have finally decided to go through with a tummy tuck! I can not begin to describe how nervous I am as the date approaches. After consulting with several doctors, I decided to go with Dr. Karlinsky, because of how comfortable she made me feel, and the fact that she was extremely honest. I have a disgusting sag and stretch marks that look like a cat attacked me at night, and boy am I going to be glad to say GOODBYE!!!!!!!!! Lol. I am fascinated with this site, and the fact that I can communicate with other women who are going, or have went through similar experiences! Less than one week now!!! Can't believe today i drew my final blood work and dropped of my RX's at the pharmacy!!! YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Just a few days now! Cant believe this will be my...

Just a few days now! Cant believe this will be my last Sunday with this gut! Yay! I'm all set to go, had my final appt on Friday and I'm scheduled for 9:30am on Wednesday. I'm so excited and nervous! I went to bed at 4am and couldn't sleep past 8am! I wish I had the day before the surgery off but maybe in a way it's good so the day can go by faster! Best of luck to you other August 1st ladies! Soon we will look fabulous!

Hello ladies! So I am now about 35 hours post op...

Hello ladies! So I am now about 35 hours post op and I must say it's been quite an experience! The first night I was extremely shocked at how well I felt. My sister has been staying with me and she barely had to help me with anything. I have been taking vicodine faithfully every 4 hours. One thing I can say is no matter how many reviews you read, nothing can prepare you for the tightness you feel after the procedure. Geez, when I remove the girdle, it feels like my stomach might burst. So I followed up with my doctor today and she said everything looks great. She told me to wait another 24 hours before I shower so that kinda sucks, although to be honest I don't have the strength for anything. I don't know what happened on the way back, if it was the one and half hour in traffic it took to get to her each way, or the very bumpy road, but I felt like crap when we got back. Yesterday I did not feel drowsy at all with the pills but today I feel like a complete crack head! I don't want to stop taking them though because I'm afraid of the pain. Hands down, child birth is a lot more painful, in my opinion than a tt. It's just very uncomfortable and the changes that take getting used to. I've barely had an appetite but force myself to eat because of the pain killers. I think I will switch from 2 every four hours to one now. The worst has been finding a comfortable way to sleep! I really regret now not buying a recliner because my neck and back are suffering really bad. Also, I am now starting to get a lot of nausea even taking zofron, and feel like I have to throw up. I'm fighting the urge, but to be honest, I feel like until I don't let it out I won't feel better, but even coughing hurts like hell so I don't want to imaging what vomiting would be like. Well that is all for tonight. I will try to post more tomorrow. I'm really hoping I feel better! But I just stand in front of the mirror when in doubt! I took a picture while sitting in the car on the way home yesterday and geez I can't wait to see more of my results! I will post pics of the belly once I shower! GN!!!! Here's hoping that I find some comfort.

So I am now 4 days post op and I am feeling great!...

So I am now 4 days post op and I am feeling great! I stopped taking vicodin yesterday and switched to tylenol extra strength because it was giving me major headaches! The pain is not bad at all, and best of all I finally had a bm, which was making me so uncomfortable. There is barely anything in my drain so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be removed tomorrow! The one thing that I have to say is hard getting used to is this tightness! On Friday, which I was 2 days po, I took a shower and it was not fun! Stepping out of the girdle made me light headed and I felt as if I could barely breathe. It's like I know my stomach is flat, but it feels like when you over eat and your stomach is poking out only 10x worse. Yesterday I went for a walk and tired very easily, but at least I got some fresh air, because I was starting to get moody and depressed from being indoors. I love the fact that my incision is not as big as i expected! I can't believe how my stomach looks!! Only thing that sucks is that I still have quite a few stretch marks left, but there was nothing she could do about those since my stretch marks literally started under my breast and ended on my private! But oh well, I still think I will rock that two piece with stretch marks and all! LOL... I have no regrets about this surgery, the only thing I hope for is that this tightness does get better and that I regain my strength back because I am sooo weak and sleeping so much. Well, that is it for now, will update more tomorrow once my drain gets taken out! *fingers crossed* lol
Manhattan General Surgeon

I can not stress how amazing Dr. Karlinsky has been! My only regret with her is that she is only my plastic surgeon and not a doctor for everything else!!! She is so caring and nurturing, and has me check up with her on her personal cell phone every 24 hours. I would not doubt recommending her to anyone!!!! She is just great and so is the staff at both offices and the surgery center! Love all of them!

Hello NY I was thinking of you today . How are you doing?
Thinking about you. I think I read somewhere you had a party at your house - how'd that go? Hope you're feeling better. I'm still hunched over from my TT, are you? Take care!
How ya feeling today?
Oh NY it is actually good to cry, . It is better than holding and aggravate yourself . I am sure you are going as I read through taught time but trust me soon you'll cry for happiness. Did she give you muscle relaxer? I read here somewhere that helps. It broken my hard reading that you cried. I know myself I'll be worst than you. Trust me it is worth it the pain. Look at your pics. I was like "wow" , if she look like this now, in few month you'll look incredible. You'll see every day will get better. Its good that you have us here and trust me I can feel your pain. Do not hesitate to ask girls that goes through same pain what are they dealing with the pain. Ill be checking on you and looking at your pics again I see already fabulous result.
Hello my dear! Yea I have huge boobs lol, im contemplating getting them reduced! Im glad to hear you are doing so well! The swelling is def something else but I think last night I had an anxiety attack because of the tightness! I started freaking out and crying and all! Lol. I can deal with the pain fine, but this tightness is something else! I got a good nights sleep so hopefully today is a better day :-) & hopefully my one and only pain in the butt drain gets taken out!
Ya know - I so agree about the tightness! So cry my friend! It sucks! I am also starting to grasp this is going to be a looooong haul! (i've been reading majority of swelling is 2-3 months - THAT'S NOVEMBER!!!). It's so difficult for me to understand that I WILL be back to "normal"...eventually. My lower back kills me and i am getting horrible cabin fever! I feel like 5 days out I don't look any different from my first day out. I remember someone saying the most important thing is patience and man was she right!! I am such a busy active person and I'm just going crazy! People are inviting me to things this weekend and my girls start school on the 16th and I'm thinking - willIbe able to even see them off? or willI still be tight swollen and hunched over? Sigh... I also can't wait until I can take Ibuprophin - since it's anti-inflamatory,I hope it helps!. GL today! I don't see my Doc (actually a nurse for the first one) for my first Post-op until Friday!!! I am so ready!!! Oh and glad you're getting good rest! I am as well so that's a blessing!!
Hi there, just wondering why you arn't taking ibroprofen I was sent home with this to reduce any swelling and have barley non....As well as my other 4 prescriptions - things seem to be done so different!! x x x
I know! Swelling sucks! But look at it this way, you still look awesome compared to before you went in! And at least we did our surgery late in the summer, because 2013 is our yer! Lol. I actually have a get together at my house this Saturday for my sisters 30th birthday...ni wonder how that will go! Btw, had that drain removed today and OMG!!! Strangest feeling ever!
Hey Bec! My ps actually is having me wait until two weeks post op to take ibuprofen because it thins the blood. Guess they're just being extra careful
hey ny1011 your looking great. just wait til 3-6months pass your going to look awesome. dont you so much more free with out the drains?
Hey You! Look how awesome you look!! LOVE IT!!!! And you have great boobs to boot! I'm jealous! LOL! Mine are fine and perky just barely Cs. ANyhow - yay us!! Glad to hear you're doing well! Yeah I hated the pain meds! I was off by day 2 - no more vomiting and less headaches! I also had a bm thismorning! Yipee! I felt better as well but sitting here afternoon and all - feeling the lovely swell! Ah well! Just thinking about you and wanted to check in! Keep us updated!
Wow, I'm so jealous you're getting your drains out tomorrow. That first BM is such a relief. I know what you mean about getting out. I woke up early and went out and sat under the stars - hoping my neighbors wouldn't see me. It was wonderful! LMK how the drains go. Some say it's awful, others it doesn't faze them. Glad you're enjoying your new beautiful body! ;)
Unfortunately in the bronx, there isn't much star gazing to do! Lol.. but yea, every breath of fresh air counts! I will def let u know how it goes if they do get removed... Im fearing it! I've heard its terrible lol.. Amazing how after we've been through so much we are fearing something like a drain being pulled out! Lol
I didn't think of it that way. LOL
The night sky was overcast for us last night. I may actually try and walk to the mailbox tonight.
Hey!! Had the drain removed today!!! Boy was that weird!!!!! More of a burning than pain... Today has def been a great day! Standing straighter, dealing with the tightness better! Actually hopeful now! Lol
Hey ny1011, that's great. No more drains!!! Yay!!!!
Good heavens- look at your teeny tiny waist! I know how you feel about the binder. Natural Childbirth is easier than this. However, my body will look better not worse in 6 weeks. Have you tried Craigslist or a neighbor you could borrow a recliner from? It's a pain getting in and out but it's more comfortable for nausea. Good luck and hope we all heal quickly. You seriously look amazing!
Thank you so much. The problem with the recliner is space. I can get on and off the bed without a problem, it's my neck that is killing me. And I am getting so gassy it sucks. How many days post op are you?
3days po. I had a lot of gas yesterday. I use a neck roll pillow and that helps a little. Hopefully this will all pass quickly! Hang in there!
I know. I'll tell u what, its a great thing we have this website! It's so much easier to vent with someone who understands what you are going through. And thanks for the advice on the neck roll. Gonna see if my sister can pick one up for me
Hey ny1011 please check your inbox when you get a chance
You look fabulous!!!
Thank you! REally appreciate it
Wow!!!! You look awesome!!!! Happy healing!!!!
:-) Thanks. I have to look at that picture every time I start to feel down. Can't wait till my sister gets home today so she can help me shower.