Tummy Tuck After Twins at NYEE - New York, NY

Hello ladies, for those of you that are...

Hello ladies, for those of you that are contemplating getting a tummy tuck at a teaching hospital but your not sure that it's going to be right for you. I'm here to tell you that my experience at NYEE was probably the best hospital experience I've had. I called for a consultation a few months before my surgery and felt really comfortable with Dr. Watts. It also helped that I saw a couple of other doctors and had done a TON I mean a Ton of research and had a million questions for Dr.watts and felt that we was completely capable of giving me what I wanted for my Tummy tuck. I had twins two years ago and after losing my last ten pounds, I new that my belly wasn't going anywhere. I even suffer from pelvic disfunction and was told from several physical therapist that if I fixed my ab muslces to it's normal state, I could then work on stregthening my core which would then help my pelvis align. I wasn't rushed in my consultation at all, and I had A LOT of questions. Also Dr.watts didn't just tell me wanted I wanted to hear. He even informed me that I should be open minded about the pelvic pain because It might even get worse. Not that it would but he didn't want my hopes to be high in case nothing changed. So if you want to go to a Dr. that'll be honest in telling you the good and the possible bad then he's your guy. So…. My surgery was scheduled for Dec 2nd around 11:00 am. I got the bill situated then went straight upstairs to the room where I would be staying the night. (Which was awesome) I was totally relaxed as I waited to sign more papers and meet the other surgeon and anesthesiologist. After surgery, Someone was also in the room with me but by the time I woke up from a nap, they were gone and I had the room all to my self until right before check out time the next day. Dr.watts checked on me several times. His demeanor is veery calm and caring. I always felt at ease. I never got an unkind or tired nurse. All the nurses were very pleasant and my hospital floor was very quiet. Honestly it felt like a mini get away. At one point I didn't like the way the morphine was making me feel and so they took me off the IV and gave me something else right away. Seriously everyone was so nice!! Ok let's talk about the belly! The belly is awesome!!!! I cannot wait until summer. My stomach is actually flatter now then it was pre-baby!!!! It took me a good 5 weeks to completely stand up straight. I had help with the babies via my husband but after 3 weeks I started to get more independent. My drains came out after a week and didn't hurt at all when being removed. They were really annoying and sore when they were in, so I was so glad to get them out. I had shortness of breath for about 4 weeks. My incision is flat and belly button small. Now at 8 weeks post op, I'm pretty physical but I listen to my body. There are still places where I am sore and numb but nothing that bother be too much. The body is truly amazing the way it heals. My swelling hasn't been too bad. I still like to wear my binder since it makes me feel more secure and with the little swelling I do get. Usually up top where the muscle repair begins. I cannot believe the way I look. I can't stop looking in the mirror. My pelvic problem has a long road to recovery since I'm still not able to do core exercises but I haven't really had a problem with it jumping out of alignment so that's a big plus. I know the pain will get better the stronger I get. So far it's the best decision I've made! You should definitely check Dr.Watts out before he lives in June. Also you have nothing to lose because currently I think the consultation is free.
DR. Watts

Dr.Watts is very Friendly, professional, and wants you to look your best.

Your scar looks so good! What are you using on the scar??? You look great!!!
Thanks so much! I'm actually using scaraway strips that I bought on Amazon. It says to change them every week but I've been changing them more like 2 to 3. I wash them everyday.
Great. Thanx!!! DId you get the scaraway for c-section? 7in by 1.5 in?
I did but you still have to put on two to cover the length of the scar.
We had our surgery around the same time. Thank u for sharing! You look great!
Your waist is so tiny. Happy healing!
Omg!!! Look whose talking. You are so small. Are you exercising?
I've just been messing around with some ab workouts in my living room but I can't seem to be consistent with it.
u r veri flat!no more prego look.so happy 4 u chica,i c the lil 'hourglass" waist,shape there love it! i know some 1 who schedule her appt.with NYEE,yep way cheaper(she said only around with the teaching hospital like 3500.00-4300. she go winter march 2014 almost here. enjoy your new look very nicely done. and last query: how long was you asleep for? how did u feel waking up! adios
Thanks, the hour glass is tripping me out! I think I was out for about 2 and half hours. I woke up pretty groggy and I was so tight. I was really afraid to get up and go to the bathroom but once the nurse helped me the first time I was Ok to go alone but very slowly. I pretty much slept all day. I tried to watch a movie but it took me about 14 hours to finish it cause I kept falling asleep.
You look great!! I hope you have full recovery soon, so you can enjoy the summer. I had a consult last Tuesday, but with Dr. P. I had not seen a tt from Dr. Watts til now. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. :-)
You look gorgeous!!!! Amazing results..
Congratulations! The info on the learning school was very informative. Happy healing and continue to enjoy your results!