Success with Gentlelase Hair Removal - New York, NY

I originally went to Dr. Sheryl Clark because she...

I originally went to Dr. Sheryl Clark because she is familiar with South Asian/Indian skin types. I read reviews that my skin tone/type may not work well with some hair removal machines and that I should consult with a dermatologist who has worked with my ethnic skin. I also refused to go to any "spa" since I have heard of some bad results (discoloration/scarring) and I preferred a licensed professional.

At the time when I visited the her office, I had acne issues along with dark coarse hair growth on my upper lip/chin/jaw area. On top of the acne and hair growth, I had dark pigmentations because the acne would keep appearing in the same area.

After explaining my facial skin issues, Dr. Clark did a test spot with the hair removal machine (a device called Gentlelase) to ensure my safety and to prevent hyperpigmentation. Plus, she also recommended certain products to use to improve my skin tone and acne. After I had my 3rd session, the hair started to diminish and my acne and uneven skin tone started to improve drastically with no side effects. Now after 9 sessions, I am hair free/acne free and my skin is completely smooth and even toned. I'm so grateful to have clear skin.

Once I saw the improvement in my skin from the facial hair removal and minimal pain that came with it, I also decided to have my bikini and underarm hair removed too. I used to get occasional bikini/underarm waxes (which are painful) because I had issues with ingrown hairs and red bumps. Yet, I realized the waxes really didn't improve the ingrown hairs and instead cause dark spots around the hair when the hair would re-grow. I showed Dr. Clark those areas and found out it was folliculitis. Honestly, after 4 session with the Gentlelase, the hair on my underarms and bikini line were finer. After 7-9 sessions, my coarse hair is completely gone and once again my skin tone has evened out.
New York Dermatologist

I highly recommend Dr. Sheryl Clark. I've been going to Dr. Clark for a year and a half and I couldn't be happier. She's extremely professional and really takes time to listen to my issues and thoroughly explains the options I can take to improve those issues. Plus, the staff is friendly and the medical assistants are very well trained. My experience here has been nothing but positive and my end results are great.

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your review with us, thrilled to hear you achieved successful hair removal! How far apart were your treatments spaced?