stay away from the thread lift!!! -New York, NY

I had this done about 8 years ago and was not...

I had this done about 8 years ago and was not given proper warning of the risks. I now have one that has migrated and is now poking right through my skin! I tried pulling it out but because it is a barbed suture it is snagging the tissue inside and I can't remove it. You can actually feel them sticking you like a pin or needle if they migrate or if you touch your skin opposite direction of the barbs. If not mistaken this procedure has been banned. The doctor who performed this is no longer in practice. I am also having a hard time finding someone who is willing to remove it. I have a think plastic suture that looks like barbed fishing line sticking out of my face unable to push it in or pull it out. Please make sure to read all reviews before doing any procedure. Many of these doctors lie and mislead you. All they care about is the money! Not all but many will mislead you. This is a nightmare!
dr green

If you do have the threads removed, please have it done through facelift incision. I literally had the threads pulled out of my face 6 yrs. after the original procedure(by the original surgeon) and it was a 3 hr. nightmare that left me in nerve/head pain for several months, plus scars/dents on both cheeks! Good Luck!
thank you . sounds awful. best wishes

I'm sorry to hear this has been such bad news for you! Thanks for sharing on RealSelf and please keep us posted on your revision. Hoping you're able to get these sutures removed soon!