Silicone/ Permanent Filler Removal - New York, NY

Around December /November I had permanent filler...

Around December /November I had permanent filler done on my face by a Brazilian Dr in New york. She is a real Dr. who comes to NY twice a year to inject what she calls bioplastique, which is a permanent filler approved in the European Union (but i think she lies and charges an arm and a leg for silicone). Anyway, in November I went to see this Brazilian dr because i wanted a touch up since my cheekbone looked uneven. She ended up putting too much and then to compensate because my cheeks looked huge (i already have high cheekbones) she put it all over the place. Well, overnight i went from pretty to ugly with a huge face. to make matters worse, my face some days would swell up making me look even rounder. I went as far as to see her in Brazil, in an act of denial and desperation, to try and get rid of it. well of course she couldn't get rid of it with a simple injection. i think she was trying to get rid of my own fat by injecting my face with steroid injections! Anyway, when i left Brazil i was desperate and hopeless. I didn't know what to do. i began to research doctors, but nobody was willing to help me. A dr who specializes in silicone/filler removal told me he couldn't help me because i had filler on my cheeks and during the removal process i risked nerve damage. After this consultation, i felt i wanted to die. i seriously did not want to live with that face because it looked asymmetrical, weird and unnatural, like a scarlet letter. On the same day, I contacted dr. Lee. I asked Susan, his assistant, if i could have a consultation over the phone with Dr. Lee because I was really sad and depressed and needed to know if i could be helped. She arranged the consultation and Dr Lee called me on the same day, as soon as he had a break. I fell in love with him from the moment I spoke with him. He was confident, he said he had done hundreds of these procedures (which i believe because he and another guy in Miami are the only Drs who specialize in silicone removal, but I liked Dr lee and Susan, so i chose him) and that nerve damage was unlikely given his expertise. He said he would use a deep plane facelift technique to go in between the various layers of skin and muscle to remove the filler. Well, i scheduled the surgery a few days later and I am so glad i did! I had no nerve damage whatsoever, (and dr. lee said filler was all over the place) and he removed most of the ugly filler. I was swollen for a very long time (this is an invasive procedure, so don't expect to look good two weeks later). It has now been almost six months and i look like myself again! Dr Lee is a surgical genius. he saved my mental sanity and my life. I will be forever grateful to him. I am writing this review to help people who are dealing with permanent filler issues because it is so difficult to find a dr to trust and who has the skills to do this complicated surgery. Please avoid any permanent filler (unless you are injecting your own fat) and if you make the mistake i made, get a consultation with Dr. lee. he is one of the few qualified surgeons in the country to perform this surgery, he is ethical, reasonably priced, and won't try to upsell you on anything (he even gave me free restylane, he is so nice... i was willing to drop 1k that day). Moreover, his staff is nice and professional. Feel free to email e to see before and after pictures.
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

Awesome Surgeon!

Hi, I'd be interested in seeing pics as well. I am interested in having fat fillers removed from the face which have overgrown too much.
Can I ask who is the other surgeon in Miami? I live in Palm Beach and I have the large cheeks from silicon!
So happy that you were able to get the silicon removed. Do you know the name of the doctor in Miami who does this?
I'm so glad that you found someone to remove the filler for you.  Thanks for sharing your story on RealSelf.