Terrible Experience, Terrible Result - New York, NY

I had surgery for a deviated septum a little more...

I had surgery for a deviated septum a little more than 10 years ago because I had partial breathing obstruction. I went and saw Dr. Miller who was very enthusiastic about "helping"/operating on me. In addition to the septoplasty, he advised on having work done on my sinus canals by his colleague. In hindsight, it seemed to be an arrangement where they each recommended work by the other to get more patients, though I have no proof of that.

Shortly after the surgery, I noticed my right nostril was weakened and would collapse upon inhalation. Further, my nose was less stable. I pointed this out to the doctor and he enthusiastically told me, no problem, we can arrange for another surgery where he would take extra cartilage from my ear to strengthen the nostril. No acknowledgement that he had done something negative in the initial surgery. I of course declined.

More than 10 years later, the condition has deteriorated. I recently returned to NY and saw another highly regarded rhinoplast surgeon. After inspecting my nose, he concluded that the initial work was shoddy. When I mentioned Dr. Miller, he told me he had seen others with complaints.

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

A friend was employed at NYU and recommended him. Tragically for me.