Septoplasty What a Difference - New York, NY

Now two months since my surgery, I am most pleased...

Now two months since my surgery, I am most pleased with the results. Having broke my nose as a lad (I'm 54) it had finally become a quality of life issue in regards to breathing and sleeping. The large broken bridge also was a constant bother wearing glasses that made for constant readjustment.

Not only has this procedure helped with my sinus congestion it has also eliminated my snoring, much to the great relief of my wife.
This surgery is not for the faint of heart and you will be most uncomfortable your first week of recovery. As for pain management, I was able to get by with over the counter pain relievers. Expect to resume a somewhat daily routine in two weeks. The full expected recovery of five months a realistic one as I still have sensitivity, with a occasional gentle bump on the nose, such as a loved ones misdirected peck on the cheek!

My only regret is that I waited all these years.

Thank you for sharing with us on RealSelf! I'm sure your wife is relieved! :) Maybe my husband should get this done. Recovery is a bit tough, but I agree that it's worth it in the end (very much so). I'm glad your quality of life is better now.

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

I came to Dr for a second opinion, He has a very genuine bedside manner, I did not feel rushed or that I had asked too many questions. (not the case with my first opinion). I was most impressed that Dr (himself) had called the next day to check on my progress. A pleasant and helpful staff also expressed this genuine concern, you are a patient and not a number. As if not enough to be able to breathe and sleep, my glasses fit right! Thank you Dr S