Bruised Badly on Jaw Post Procedure and Now, 3 Months Later, Have Developed a Few Lumps on Jaw Line Where Bad Bruise Was.

My injections were done 3 months ago. Was shocked...

My injections were done 3 months ago. Was shocked by the amount of bruising on my jaw, about 3" round. I haven't seen before photos, but neither myself nor my husband feel I look much improved after one treatment on various spots on my face with this stuff. Did post procedure massage, as instructed. Now 3 months later have developed several lumps on both sides of jaw but one side (where bad brusing was) is worse. One lump is visible. I'm very afraid they will not go away, after reading all the posts on various sites. I will report this to FDA, for what it is worth. Since I only just became aware of the lumps I will be consulting with doctor who injected next week. I think he will suggest Kenalog, but from what I've read, it will probably not help, and will probably damage my skin! I can't believe I didn't research this product before I let someone inject me with Sculptra. I deserve what I get for being stupid! For a watchdog country, the US is great at supporting stupidity! Sanofi should be sued as well as the doctors for not researching enough. Yes I signed a consent form, which I did not obviously look at very well or get a copy of, so not sure what I signed, will try to get a copy of it next week. Please be careful people!

Dr. S.

Up unitl now I trusted this doctor. But now, not so sure. His prices on injectibles are higher than most.

I had Sculptra a few years ago, I also had bad brusing, doctor had a heavy hand, also got 2 bumps, one by the corner of my mouth, the bigger one, and another under my eye byy the tear through, 5 yrs later the bumps are really not visable anymore..not much anyway, only I notice them, I did get the kennolog injection after the 3rd sculptra treatment for the bumps/lumps..to bad cause I liked the way it filled out my cheeks and naselfolds..I won't get it again though..to afraid of Scuptra now and it only lasted about a year and a half on me but everyone is different...good luck to ya..I alos reported the bumps I got to several agencies**

Please don't shame yourself for not doing as much research as you wish you had. Nothing positive will come from beating yourself up over it, so please cut yourself a little slack & know we have all made decisions we wish we had considered a little more thoroughly.

I really hope the doctor is able to give you some good information when you meet with him. Until then, I hope the answers in this Q&A will give you some comfort:

Will These Sculptra Lumps Be Permanent?

Please keep us updated on what is going on & how you are doing.