Subcision and Micro Needling for Chicken Pox Scars - New York, NY

I had subcision and micro needling done in one...

I had subcision and micro needling done in one visit with Dr. Nelson Novick. Afterwards, I realized that he charged a lot for this. I later went to a top plastic surgeon who used a filler and didn't even charge me for the subcision that she performed. Dr. Novick did not use a filler but charged me 1200 for the subcision and micro needling of two chicken pox scars. I did not notice improvement after the treatment with Dr. Novick. I noticed slight improvement from the second treatment with another doctor. But I think that was because of the filler. It has been three weeks since the second subcision. I guess I won't be able to tell the results of the second subcision until the filler wears off.

Dani1

The before picture was a camera that reverses the direction of the image. That's why the scars are in different positions in the after photo.

comment on my photos

Actually, the before picture is after I got treated by Dr. Novick. There was no noticeable improvement from the original state of the scar. Then there was mild improvement after treatment with another doctor who did the subcision for free and did a filler (that is the after pic that I posted). I am going to try other options. The second doctor said that it is difficult to fill the scars without also filling the surrounding area and having it bulge. She said medical grade micro droplet silikon might work. Laser is also an option. I will try to post follow up results.
Dr. Novick

Even though I did not notice improvement from the treatment with Dr. Novick and I think that he overcharged, he was nice and professional.