Questions Best Asked Before Your Contemplated Surgery - New York, NY

Being Dr. W patient was the worst experience of my...

Being Dr. W patient was the worst experience of my life. He created multiple complications which were never mentioned as possibilities prior to surgery. Due to Dr. W technique I was left with horrible scarring and a collapsed nose.

After months of being reassured that everything would heal fine, nothing improved; in fact it got worse every day. Finally I went for another consultation, but it took me a month of repeated requests before I was sent the operative report.

The operative report and medical records made no mention whatsoever of Dr. W tearing my skin during surgery or the resulting scar tissue for which I now need two additional corrective surgeries.

I now need to undergo and pay for two additional reconstructive surgeries for the sole purpose of undoing the terrible damage Dr. W did. In summary he created a deformity which was something that I never had before.

My situation has since improved. I made a request...

My situation has since improved. I made a request to realself to take down this posting, but their policy does not allow for postings to be removed.

New York Plastic Surgeon

During follow up visits with Dr. W, the abysmal result was plain to see but rather than take these concerns seriously he told me to tell people I had a serious accident to explain the way I looked. On top of this, despite the fact that I had already paid in full what was initially quoted, I received multiple extra bills for months after the surgery was performed. I strongly recommend against seeing Dr. W for any surgical procedure.

Hi MC -- I'm glad things have gotten better for you. We would encourage you to please amend the ratings for your doctor and surgery (was it "Worth It"?) as this is really helpful for others who are doing their research.

Wow, this is terrible. I am so sorry to hear that. People need to know to stay away from this guy. Are you looking into other doctors for corrective surgery? Take care hun. Good luck.