Dr. Leonard Sharzer Didn't Know That Skin Graft Tissue Gets Attached to Skin and Hard to Remove. - New York, NY

I had some of my own tissue grafted to the bridge...

I had some of my own tissue grafted to the bridge of my nose and I didn't like the profile, and my ala reduction had left a keloid scar onL side of my nose - my original doctor had recommended Dr. Sharzer to me since I was in new york. So I saw him and he said he could help me - they are both a relatively simple procedure - he said - and before the surgery - he told me he is 85% sure that he will be able to correct everything - after the surgery - he didnt say anything - after about two weeks - when the swelling had gone down - I discovered that only half the tissue was gone - the other half was left on the right side of my nose bridge so my nose now had become asymmetrical - so I set up a meeting to see Dr. Sharzer --- it was THEN that he told me the tissue had grown in to my nose and it was not possible to remove - that he was only able to remove half of it. I was dumb founded - what kind of an "experienced" doctor would not know this prior to surgery? He knew it was not an implant - it was tissue - told him in no uncertain term before the surgery - why did he let me pay for it and go thru the whole thing and let me discover it by myself after the surgery?
The scar revision was also not the best I could get - yes he removed the scar but seemed like he was looking at that side of my nose under a microscope and not seeing the rest of my face - as a result - he didn't take the other side of my nose into consideration and again left my nose asymmetrical -
I am a computer digital artist and in my field there is a term called "button pusher" - it refers to those "artists" who are very skilled with the software but does not have a sense for aesthetic therefore they produce not so good art. I can say that from my own experience - Dr. Sharzer is the "button pusher" of plastic surgery.

Before and After photo

Posting picture of before and after surgery
Dr. Leonard A. Sharzer

No sense of symmetry, didn't know tissue get attached to the body and hard to remove - basic knowledge - no refund after unsuccessful surgery.