I Likee - New York, NY

$500 per session. I had my first pixel...

$500 per session.

I had my first pixel session 4 days ago. So far so good. Too early to see the full result. But I certainly haven't had the horrors described by some. I went out for a fab Friday night dinner last night replete with make-up.

The procedure: Numbing cream 15 minutes beforehand. The laser felt like someone pricking me with 5-6 needles in quick succession. To then immediately move on to the next centimetre of my face, and repeat. Horrible. I jumped all over the table. Still would call it a 5 out of 10 pain. But hated every second. Left with soothing vaseline all over my face.

Day 1 (procedure day): My skin was so hot and sore. I couldn't touch my face and I looked like I'd just run a marathon - all red. And so greasy from the vaseline.

Day 2: Put makeup over the vaseline. That's not a good idea. It doesn't mix well and gets blobby. Still went out and saw a Broadway show. Face very sore to touch.

Day 3: Ditched the vaseline as my sister is in town and I'm tour guide. So need to look semi-respectable. Switched to moisturiser only and this has worked fine. Skin is very tight and I just look sunburnt. Now going out without makeup on as I just can't get it smooth over my skin. I'm starting to peel and whilst the moisturiser makes it look smooth, when I add makeup and it's all bumpy.

Day 4: No make up. Tight skin. A bit of a tan. I look fine. No pain. Starting to gently peel over my entire face. Very light peeling. Extensive, but really light. Pores look a little smaller. Looking forward to seeing how it improves over the next few months.

I have regular sessions scheduled every few weeks with a nice post-peel facial too. I'm late thirties, no acne. Just aging skin.

Studio Esthetique

Vladimir is on the money. He explains everything before you need to ask the question. He's kind, friendly and hilarious.

Hi Missie,

Welcome to the community and thanks for such a detailed review, this will be great for the community. Are you still peeling, how is everything today? Might you have pictures? Please keep us updated.

Thanks,