Mole Removal with Radiosurgery - New York

I just had a raised mole located between my...

I just had a raised mole located between my eyebrows removed today using radiosurgery. So far so good, although too early to tell. It is still bleeding and I will have to keep a bandaid on it for a few days. The doctor said it went well and I should be happy with the results. I am nervous though... Has anyone done used this method for mole removal and did it leave you with a scar?

Ali Vafa

Although he had a nice looking office in Soho, his bedside manner was not the best - when I was shown into the room to see him, I had to wait for a few minutes for him to finish sending a text message! Then he looked at my mole and all he said was, no problem, will take care of it. Did not offer any explanation, and when I started asking questions about scarring, etc, he reluctantly offered explanations - seemed like he didn't really want to be bothered. However, since I was already there and I had made up my mind, I went through with the procedure. He seemed to be fast and efficient in performing it, it was almost painless and he did ask me if I was comfortable throughout. So, overall, a mixed experience... I think his lack of courtesy at the beginning may be somewhat cultural as he appeared to be middle eastern and just did not have the customer service skills which you would expect here in the US, but he did seem to do an adequate job - I will comment on the results later when my wound actually heals.

I'm interested to hear your results

I am not very familiar with radiosurgery, so will definitely be interested to hear what you and other community members have to say about scaring from it.

Here is a Q&A that talks about using that method for mole removal and a couple of the doctors mention expectations for the scar, which sound pretty minimal:

Mole Removal - Can I Get Radio Surgery?

Please let us know how it is healing and what you find out when the lab results come back if they did a biopsy.