SLUPlift MiniLift Worth It for Me - New York, NY

I am in my late fifties and although I feel I am...

I am in my late fifties and although I feel I am aging well overall and am in good physical health, I was very uncomfortable with a lot of jowling in my jawline and neck area. I have been a Botox user for about 8 years and started having Juvederm to fill out my marionette lines (they were deep) five years ago. Although these certainly help, the results are temporary (4 to 8 months). I did not want to undergo any surgery but can say after my minilift, there is nothing non surgical that created the results I have now. Dr. S. said that fillers are a great alternative to addressing certain types of aging but they cannot address sagging excess skin and jowling. I was relieved to know I did not need to undergo a long surgery with general anesthesia as well as a long recovery. My surgery was a about 90 minutes long. I had no general anesthesia - only local anesthesia with mild sedation. I felt good in the recovery room right after which I did not expect. I experienced a little swelling which came down in a few days but this was not even noticeable to my sisters. I am 1 month post surgery and look like I did at about 40, which was a lot better than what I looked like before my minilift. I wish I had known beforehand that some of my anxiety about surgery was from not knowing all my options. I would have done this sooner and spent less time being uncomfortable with how my face was changing with age.

Thanks for posting your story, Marianne. Congrats on your happy result! Are you planning on posting any photos?

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

I chose Dr. Slupchynskyj to take care of me because of his dual board certification, training and numerous years of proven experience as a New York City facial plastic Surgeon. I had consulted with 3 other doctors in Manhattan and was most impressed with his patient portfolio and bedside manner. I wanted natural looking results, did not want to have heavy sedation and definitely did not want to have to recover at home for weeks on end following a long surgery. I had no bruising and very little swelling. I couldn't believe it. Dr. S. and his staff are top notch and took care of me every step of the way from the first day I walked in the door. Great doctor, great experience.