Maven of Miracle Injections-- Lip Augmentation and Botox with Dr. Westreich - New York, NY

When you are a 30's something woman living in...

When you are a 30's something woman living in Manhattan working in the beauty industry, you see a lot of clients with plastic surgery and you get to know an insider's tip or two....

Of course, the best plastic surgery is virtually unnoticeable as such... You look well rested, younger, did you change your hair, something about you is exuding youth and relaxation ? No one wants to look "done". Certainly not myself; connoisseur of all things Manhattan beauty ritual. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to secretly disclose my recommendations on the Best of the City to oft bereft wandering souls. Maven of miracle potions, shaman of perfect spa treatments, purveyor of the most sanitary pedicure; dear transplant from Los Angeles, allow me to show you The Way.

Naturally I hear about a lot of plastic surgeons and see their work on my clients very closely, I am a makeup artist. I will admit to even being a bit obsessed with the world of NYC surgeons and who is the best at such and such a procedure. Self improvement can look so good on you, and word gets around.

When prompted, plastic surgery can be a very private and very exciting topic of discussion between trusted gals. This doctor may do the most natural breast aug, that doctor may give you lipo of the thighs to kill for, this dentist does the best veneers. But what about your face proper?

Perhaps the area requiring the most finesse is the face. It is your FACE! Girls ( and even guys,) tread thee carefully on who you trust with smoothing your age lines and gently plumping back the glow of youth. Everyone gets Botox and fillers; however the people that you notice Botox and fillers on are the ones who have likely gone "too far" or perhaps just not to the right doctor. And there are so many options.

After admittedly obsessing over peoples' faces and where they have ventured in their quests for youth, I decided to finally try a doctor who came very highly recommended to me several years ago.

Dr Westriech is a skilled surgeon specializing in facial plastic surgery. Dr Westreich is hands down the best injector in Manhattan that I know. Natural looking Botox, "what Botox? I look perpetually 25?! " He will whisk away the furrow of worry with what he calls a "whisp here" and a "half-shot to gently lift the brows there." He spends time with you and listens. He scrutinizes your person, standing back about 5 feet and will tell you every place your face is asymmetrical or in need of some aesthetic assistance (YIKES, he sees things I don't see and that is pretty impressive.) He is also a skilled rhinoplasty doctor, maybe one day I will have him fix my broken nose. But for today, and in about 6 months from now again, injections.

What a refreshing experience for a Manhattan office. Top notch. I'm impressed.

I've been getting injections with him for around three plus years now. My most satisfying treatment being the lip augmentations he gives with hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane. Virtually painless as he is very concerned with patient comfort and will use topical numbing agents and ice so that you are still laughing at his many jokes while he sees you. He has a special method for shaping and augmenting the lips. Probably the secret is his hawk eye for what looks perfect combined with his steady surgeon's hands.

I usually get some initial swelling after the injections and localized soreness for around 3-5 days. Truly, I don't care at all because I love the lips so much. I have gotten a bruise here and there before, but it usually passes in a week. The lips are looking really amazing at around 2 weeks- 6 months. He has a special way of making the top lip roll up as well as giving a delicate dip to the center. No one would know. I get compliments left and right. I even had someone from highschool message me via facebook saying " how come you are looking younger while we are all looking older?" Silly, it must be this stress-free life I live in Manhattan!

I would NOT go anywhere else for my Botox or my lips. I have seen the gamut of injections on clients. From the absolutely overdone, to the poorly proportioned, to the mediocre-I-got-this done at a medispa- my Dr could make you so much tastefully prettier, here is Dr Westreich's name. Everyone that has seen him loves him, I almost feel like I should not be sharing my doctor secret.
This is a great story sounds like Sex in the City! Botox and lips amazing let us know how long it last!
What a testimonial! I hope you're writing a book about the NYC beauty scene, because you're a great author. Thank you so much for sharing on RealSelf. We'd love to see your before and after photos. :)
Hi Angie! Hmm, writing a book is certainly something to consider ... As for the photos , I will put them up soon I do have them. Thanks!

Photos of lip injections with Restylane and Juvederm, photos of dysport/botox

Here you can see some before and afters of my injection treatments, all with the same doctor
Great story :0) Thanks for sharing ! I wish I had tried Botox! I went for Restylane and I mean NO results at all. it lasted until my swelling went down I may have gotten punched in the lips bc that would've lasted longer! I dont know my Dr.s Technique bc I was down, I had my lips injected during my breast surgery. I am sceduled this May 20th for a Tummy Tuck, Lipo & a Permanent Lip Aug. I am unsure as to what I should get... Perma-Lip Or Fat Transfers
The main thing that bothers me pertaining to my lips is the lip wrinkles over my upper lip. Is it possible to have Botox on the vertical creases of your upper lip? It's my own fault because I was a smoker in my younger days and even though I've been a non-smoker for quite some time, the damage was already done. I'm 54 and as little as 4 or 5 years ago people could not believe I was as old as I was. At 50 I had 4 grandchildren and when a stranger saw me with one or two of them they were in awe that these were my grandchildren and not my children. My husband also looks much younger than his age. He still does, but the last 4 years have not been easy. I watched my Dad, who was the one man in my life who's love for me was unconditional, suffer for 3 months dying from lung cancer. Within a week of his passing my Mom went from mild dementia to full blown Alzheimer's and didn't even remember my Dad, her husband of 63 years, was dead. She didn't even remember his funeral. She lived with me 4 months after he died (neither of my brothers could do it so I tried). Every single day that she lived with me she wanted to know when my Dad was coming to pick her up and take her home. So I had to explain every single day that he was gone. I relived losing him every hour of every day that she was with me. She fell twice, once breaking her tailbone, the other her wrist, from wandering through the house in the middle of the night. I'd wake up some nights and she'd be standing at my bedside staring at me like I was a perfect stranger instead of her only daughter. I wanted so desperately to be the kind of daughter who could keep her with me, but by the end of those 4 months I couldn't sleep because I didn't know how or when she was going to get hurt again. I finally had to give up and let her go. I had to put my Mom in an Alzheimer's Assisted Living Center 25 miles away from our rural community. I have been disabled since 2003 due to degenerative disc disease and Fibromyalgia that was probably brought on by a failed Lumbar double spinal fusion, chronic and severe pain, depression, anxiety, and other issues. At first I drove to see her at least 5 times a week and her decline was heart wrenching so I slowly made excuses not to go as much because I had such a hard time watching that disease take her away from me. Over a year and then one day she just forgot how to swallow and two days later she was gone. One year and 8 months after my Dad. Yeah I've aged a lot in the past 4 years and even being disabled since 2003, I still tried to look good. I've always had a nice figure, never overweight. Yes I've had breast implants and a breast lift, but at 50 I was still turning heads of much younger men. I use to look as young, if not younger, than my husband. But today I look older than him. The pain from my disability and losing my parents, along with the guilt I had (and still have) that I wasn't able to keep Mom out of a Home, even though it was a nice place. I don't know why I went on such a sob story just trying to find out if Botox was effective on those deep vertical lip lines. It's the only thing I see when I look in the mirror. And makeup only makes them worse. I even had fractional laser treatments on those wrinkles twice. The second time he gave me heavy doses of local anesthesia because he tried so hard to go deep enough to get rid of them. The left side has improvement but the right still looks awful. I will not have any foreign plastic put in or anything like that. I don't want big lips. I just want smooth ones. Any suggestions?
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

He has a special way of injecting slowly with special needles so that your chance for a bruise is minimized. He takes his time and talks you through the treatment. He tells you, don't be afraid to come back if there is something more that you need. He shows you the mirror and seems to take careful notes of his treatment for the next visit. His staff are all lovely and helpful. He will make you laugh as he asks you what you think of his new purple pocket square , joking that lavender is a good plastic surgeon color. He's pretty well dressed, for a guy. What a refreshing experience for a Manhattan office. Top notch. I'm impressed. Then let him work his filler injection magic with you. He only employs safe and conservative treatments , expertly picking out facial asymmetries with his hawk eye. He asks me if there is anything I see that looks out of place. I always trust him to do the right thing. This man is an artist, I am my worst critic but under his care I don't even need to look twice.