Post-Op Review - New York, NY

Hey All, Just wanted to post my experience so far...

Hey All,

Just wanted to post my experience so far. Underwent gynecomastia surgery along with auxilla wedge resection on Friday. So far so good. I just had my follow-up today in which my wrap was removed and I was able to get my first look at my post-op results.

A little background. I weighed 330lbs in 2008 and through diet and exercise I've gradually wittled my way down to 210lbs. I decided to have this surgery because ever since adolescence, I've always had big breasts and my weight gain only made things worse. They didn't seem to go down at all with my weight loss. I've had a few consults, some of which were very scary (and included nipple graphs and massive scarring). In addition to the gynecomastia surgery, I've also decided to go with an auxilla wedge resection (side removal). This was primarily due to pain I have on my sides/rib cage that only went away when I'd wear a compression top.

Fastfoward to last week. I had the surgery on Friday. Everything went well and over the weekend I've not experienced much pain or discomfort. Looking at my results today, I'm overall pretty satisfied at the moment, still being swollen. That being said, I'm an emotional mess just looking at everything (there's somewhat of a crease/indent in my lower left breast).

If anyone has any questions or could provide any insight, feel free! I'll provide updates as I progress.

Thanks,

2-months Post

Hello!

Sorry that I've not provided more updates, but here am I am 2-months post-op and everything is going great. Swelling is about 90~% gone. I have some hardness in a few small areas on the front-sides of my chest, but it is decreasing every day.

As you can see in the new pictures, the dent/crease I previously mentioned is slowly but surely subsiding. On my right side I have a small... I guess what you'd call an indent. Dr. Blau said this is due to too much being removed or the skin shrinking too tight. Since the last post, I've had a 2-week & a 1-month followup. I'll be having another followup shortly. I'm very pleased with the results so far and Dr. Blau has made it clear that he will not be satisfied until I am completely satisfied.

I'll try my best to keep this updated as the healing process continues!
Dr. Mordcai Blau

Dr. Blau has been excellent all-around! From the comfortable atmosphere of the office, to the friendly and accommodating staff- the experience has been great. Dr. Blau takes pride in his work and is sincere when he says not satisfied until I'm satisfied. Although I have to travel somewhat of a distance, I do not regret it one bitand am confident that I made the right decision. Good Quality is above all!