Wonderful Doctor

In February 2011 I had a lower fact lift and neck...

In February 2011 I had a lower fact lift and neck lift performed by Dr. George Yang. It is almost three years later, and I could not be more pleased. At 43, my fair skin had seen far too much sun and cigarettes. In addition, I had lost and gained weight over the years, and my recent 50 pound loss had left a visible “turkey neck” and sagging jowls. I do not consider myself a vain woman, but seeing the wattle and sagging jowls in the mirror was deeply upsetting. My first visit to Dr. Yang was for lip augmentation and Botox. Of course you know how important your provider is with these smaller but impactful procedures. We have all seen too many far too poufy lips and frozen foreheads. Dr. Yang proceeds with such thorough caution, involves you with every step, and the results are subtle and elegant.

While the lips and forehead were fabulous, I was so unhappy with my lower face and neck. I will confess for all to read… I bought surgical tape and I taped my neck back. Yes, one long piece of tape behind each ear. Every day. Removing it every night was an experience in sadism, and it really didn’t help. I made the decision to have a lower face lift. When I began talking with Dr. Yang, he actually said no. He didn’t feel the issues were significant enough for surgery. Easy for him to say.

The short version: I was wheeled into the operating room at 10:00 a.m. and by 5:00 p.m. I was home on the couch. My sister picked me up and while I was heavily bandaged and a little groggy, I was quite comfortable in the car. The next few days were not without their unpleasant moments… the compression bandage, trying to sleep comfortably, the stitches, constant icing, the desperate desire to wash your hair…. no fun. However, any fear I had was completely unfounded. Uncomfortable, swelling, a little weepy, a little nervous, yes. Pain, absolutely not. Nine days later I went to dinner with my husband and friends. Not a soul could tell I had stitches behind my ears, I had no bandages, and 90% of the swelling was gone (the slight residue swelling was actually quite welcome… puffs out those pesky wrinkles). I had to dodge a few hugs and we went home early, but both of us were amazed.

Apologies! This was done in 2010, not 2011, which...

Apologies! This was done in 2010, not 2011, which makes 3 years this February. I still look fabulous, and expect to do so for many years. Again, please feel free to reach out to Dr. Yang if you would like to talk.

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Did all my research on websites. Dr. Yang truly earns 5 stars in each category. This is one of the points I want to stress…. Dr. Yang will help you make decisions and provides counsel only after very careful thought, discussion and observation. He will not perform any procedure unless he is completely comfortable it is necessary and is confident will result in what is best for you. After further in-depth and candid discussion we agreed to move forward. Dr. Yang’s knowledge of his craft, of all procedures he performs, is deep, broad and up-to-the moment. His patience is endless. The offices are beautiful, thoughtfully designed with patient comfort the first thought. Every person his office is welcoming, professional, and kind. I cannot fully express how caring, focused, and committed to delivering the absolute best work Dr. Yang is. I feel truly blessed to have found him. I have let Dr. Yang know I would be very happy to talk to anyone considering working with him. This is a hugely emotional, financial, psychological process. I can share my experience with you and hope that it brings you comfort and courage.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. It's hard to find long-term stories, so I appreciate you sharing.

Do you think you'll post any photos? I'd love to see your results.