Lipo with Dr. Engler - New York, NY

I am writing my own RealSelf.com review now...

I am writing my own RealSelf.com review now because this site was so helpful when I was doing my own research on liposuction doctors and patient experiences. After considering liposuction for a few years and going on several consultations I finally decided to move forward with Dr. Alan Engler. The majority of the doctors I saw were nice but there was a level of comfort and honesty that I got from Dr. Engler right away that made me feel confident I had found the right doctor. He listened to what my goals were for the surgery and my body and unlike some of the other doctors I saw he didn’t promise the moon or project his personal preferences on to me. I didn’t want to lose all my curves I just wanted help improving my shape. Just over three weeks ago I had liposuction on my outer thighs, love handles and inner things and I am thrilled with the results. Although I was running 25 miles a week pre surgery and eating fairly healthy I was unable to lose the stubborn pockets of fat I stored in these areas-blame it on genetics. I was very very nervous the days and hours leading up to the surgery but felt a sense of calm come Monday morning when I got to Dr. Engler’s office. The staff greeted me warmly, the anesthesiologist took his time to explain to me what medications he was giving me and why and Dr. Engler walked me through exactly what we were going to accomplish just one last time.

A few hours later I was at home resting in my own bed. I can only speak from my own experience but my recovery was actually a lot faster than I anticipated. Despite swelling, soreness and discomfort I was back in the office working on Wednesday morning. I didn’t feel 100%, I’d equate it to going to work with a cold –didn’t feel great but I had no problem getting through the day. Two weeks post op with a good amount of swelling now gone I was already able to fit into a smaller size of my favorite jeans. Now three weeks post operation I am back doing some cardio at the gym and loving how I look in all my clothes. Ninety percent of my bruising is gone, my back side is smoother than ever before and I have no invisible incisions!!! Dr. Engler attacked my love handles through a tiny incision in the crease towards the top of my behind and took the extra fat from my tights by entering right in the tuck where my butt and thighs meet. The love handle incision I can’t even see myself and the later two are literally only visible if you were to stand behind me and I was to bend over. I’m only part way through what I’ve been told by Dr. E is recovery process that will take several months but am so pleased with the results I’ve achieved already. The level of care I got from Dr. Engler and his staff coupled with my awesome results make it easy for to recommend Dr. Engler to anyone who is thinking about liposuction.

New York Plastic Surgeon