Juvederm Lip Injections for Thin Lips - New York

I have always been curious about lip injections,...

I have always been curious about lip injections, especially since I had such thin lips to begin with. After researching the best NYC plastic surgeons, and with the help of this website, I found Dr. Steven Pearlman and the courage to finally try it. Everything that I read on this website prepared me for what to expect. I was given a dental block for the procedure, although even with the dental block I did feel the needle on the right side of my lip (I was given two shots on the left side and felt nothing), but the pain was very bearable. The procedure took no more than 5 mins.

Unfortunately during the injections an artery was hit on the bottom right side of my lip which caused me to bruise immediately. I was told to ice my lips and was given Arnica to help with the healing. At first I was horrified. My lips were completely disfigured and severely swollen. I had faith though that everything was going to be okay.

The swelling went down within a few hours and I looked well enough (with the exception of a black spot on my lip) that I actually went out the first night I got my lips done. I was back at work a couple days later although the bruising had spread to around my mouth (see photos). With the exception of the bruising though, I loved my lips even though they were swollen I really liked how big they were.

1 week later the bruising is almost gone, however the swelling has gone down quite a bit and I believe this is how big my new lips will be. I'm slightly disappointed because I had liked them when they were swollen so I may go back for more. I have also noticed that my lips are little asymmetrical. I have a follow up visit with my doctor in a week or so and will discuss my options then and follow up here.

Overall I'm really happy I decided to do this procedure. I really love the direction I'm going in with my lips and know that this was the right choice. My only advice is to really research what you want. I had discussed shape with Dr. Pearlman prior to him injecting me and I'm really glad I did because I think I would have ended up getting a standard lip job which I did not want. I was very specific about wanting the top lip to be straight across rather than having the "pooches" on both sides. So you should definitely think about what shape you want before going in and make sure to specify with your doctor so you don't end up with the run of the mill!
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will you post some pics of your lips so we can see what you are talking about with the asymmetry?  I think a second "fill up" appointment is exactly what you need to even out your lips and get them a little plumper.  Please let us know how that goes!