Isolaz is a Gimmick! - New York, NY

I hate to be so negative but I got this procedure...

I hate to be so negative but I got this procedure done recently a few times as part of a package deal. I'm 25 and I've had cystic acne all my life. I am getting married next year so I was trying to fix my bad skin.

Isolaz is only good for extracting whiteheads/blackheads (I learned this through several other leading dermatologists in NYC I went to see after I got this done). but if you have cystic/more sever acne, it's NOT right for you. My dermo told me to get it done and my cysts ended up imploding during the procedure b/c of the vacuum force and causing an infection. There were also black burn marks on my face afterwards b/c the laser light came into contact w/ some blood under my skin. I wish my dermo was responsible and ethical enough to dissuade me from this procedure given it clearly was not appropriate for the type of acne I had but instead, the office pushed it. I left the office looking like someone punched me several times - I had blood oozing out of my blemishes.

PLEASE.....don't bother with this. Go for antibiotic oral treatment + other topicals. Not the right procedure for anyone w/ cystic acne.

I went back a month later and the office was trying to get me to buy other packages that were over $2000 and pushed their line of products on me like there was no tomorrow. Lesson learned - stick to your guns and dont let doctors push unnecessary procedures. There are so many treatments out there that patients get desperate to try new things but in the end, experimenting w/ diff treatments can bite you in the back.

I ended up going to see another dermo after this experience. I was put on oral antibiotics and a topical ointment. My skin is much better now.

New York Dermatologic Surgeon