Day Six and First Set of Aligners Are Still Extremely Uncomfortable - New York, NY

I had braces as a teen. Teeth have moved back a...

I had braces as a teen. Teeth have moved back a good deal. Dentist said I had 'plunging cusps' where my top teeth were making holes in my bottom teeth due to alignment problem. Was very painful and nothing other than braces could correct/stop what was happening. My dentish has you wear each set of aligners for 17 days. He said you get a much better result. I am on day six of first set and still have real discomfort. Bottom seems better but top is still throbbing. Hard to concentrate, hard to be with others when you feel so cranky. Taking extratrength Tylenol because my dentist said Advil works against the aligner process. I have two years of this and was hoping to read that the next several dozen sets of aligners won't hurt as much. Not sure that's going to be the case.
Staying Strong in NYC.

Day 13 of first set of aligners

Bottoms are now okay. Tops still throb - sometimes more than others.
Emailed my dentist to find out how many sets of aligners I have and my total is 47!

Feeling Better

Wearing second set of aligners which instantly felt better than the first set did. The top doesn't seem to fit as snugly and I keep feeling as the inside of my upper lip is getting sucked in. Maybe there aren't as snug as they should be.
Dr. Eliott Davis