Fraxel 1927: So Glad I Did It! - New York, NY

I had dark hyper-pigmentation marks on my cheeks...

I had dark hyper-pigmentation marks on my cheeks and forehead from acne that appeared at the age of 41. I had two treatments of Fraxel 1927 to correct it. The results were amazing! The marks are gone and my face looks fresh and tight. Down-time was 4 days. Two days of red and swollen. Two days of "coffee grounds" that washed off in the shower. I had the procedure on a Thursday morning and was back to work on Monday. The process was not painless. It felt like hot needles being dragged across my face (even with prior numbing). The treatment only takes about 20 minutes, so it is tolerable. The results are worth it. After my second treatment, I ended up with a small blister beneath my eye. I put antibiotic cream on it and everything healed just fine. Before the treatment, I would not think of leaving the house without makeup. Now I don't worry about it. I know I look good with or without it. I would do this again in a minute, but only with a qualified doctor. It is a laser and it is your face. My doctor is a dermatologist and a plastic surgeon. I trusted him 100% and he proved me right.

New York Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your story with us! So glad you got the results you were after, it's been awhile since your procedure and I was wondering if you have any before and after photos to share with us.