Fantastic Results On Face & Decollage, But After 10 Months Neck Is Crepe'y -NYC

I did a lot of research before choosing a...

I did a lot of research before choosing a dermatologist and I'm very happy with the 1 I chose; with exception of my neck becoming crepe'y, my fraxel treatment delivered exactly the results I was told it would likely deliver.

MD recommended Fraxel laser (2 sessions at high level) and after 4-6 months to follow up with clean and clear (TM) treatments.

My recovery from each of the 2 treatments went exactly as the fraxel patient booklet (like a mini magazine with photos) described. My MD had determined 2 would be sufficient followed by the clean and clear. My face is fantastic (the sun spots are mostly gone and those that remain are much lighter, and the texture is much smoother). The decollage is improved; I went in with like little, tiny white cysts - almost like chicken skin - again, from sun damage, and now those are gone but the skin pigment is uneven, i.e., that's the reason I think I will need a third fraxel treatment in the decollage area/that area had much more sun damage to start with.

My neck however that had no sun spots and was smooth to start, that neck skin that also got fraxeled is now at the 10month mark, really, really dry and looking crepe'y.

I'm returning to MD in a few weeks to get yearly exam and to decide if I should get another fraxel or do clean and clear, and, what to do to fix the crepe'y skin.

Until I read another's entry on this site which found that the crepe'y skin was fungal infection I thought that this might be best treated with vitamins/nutritionist.

Also, as recommended by the MD, I use EltaMD extreme moisturizer and sunscreen (apply every 2 hours when outdoors), as well as the EltaMD skinwash; I definitely recommend for right after the treatments (& I continue to use even these 10 months). It's after. Very moisturizing and less expensive than those that I was buying at Sephora (Boscia, Algenist).
LB

So glad you had great results, would love an update and if you have any photos to share would be wonderful to see :)

Thanks for sharing!  Please keep us updated as to whether or not the dry and crepey skin goes away with the new products.

Maybe should check the IPL and Laser damage support blog. Many people on there seriously disfigured by Fraxel and others. Crepey skin appearing after 10 months: well, lots of ppl on the forum speak of how the damage emerges slowly and gets worse. sometimes scars appear in the shape of the handpiece. and crepey skin is a common complaint of damage.

Yes, there are unfortunately a lot of people who have negative experiences with some of the laser treatments.  I hope you can find the answers you are looking for.  You mentioned support forums, have you been in any of our forums about this?  Here are a couple if you'd like to connect with some of our Community Members who are also talking about this:

Hmm,huh.I am definitely not going to do anymore laser treatments for at least a year .I t just does not make sense to me for us to have to be concerned with negative long term results.I am going to get some highly rated products and sit down and age as gracefully as I can.We can all be graceful fading beauties.(smile) Let's not forget to work on our inner beauty as well.It does a lot to improve the outside and the perceptions people have about us.Just food for thought.