Facial Waiting and Implants - New York

I am a 10 year cancer survivor. I had neck and...

I am a 10 year cancer survivor. I had neck and throat cancer. After a year of radiation and a radical neck dissection. This fantastic life saving procedure unfortunately, left with facial disfiguration. I was so pleased to be alive, that I had lived with disliking what had become of my face for several years.

Through the aid of the Internet and a year of research, I selected Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj He comprised jaw, cheek and a chin implant to give my face fullness and structure.

I am so impressed with the outcome of his work that I felt the desire to share my positive and stellar experience with you. Because this would normally be a private matter for me. But, I do want other individuals who may have the need for facial reconstruction to consider implants. It has certainly helped me look and actually feel better.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I am a three time cancer survivor. I was diagnosed...

I am a three time cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with neck and other cancers over nearly two decades ago. Unfortunately. These procedures, in conjunction with radiation, left me with facial waiting.

I was so pleased to meet with Dr. Slupchynskyj to discuss creating a facial implants. After the initial healing process, much to my ultimate delight. I now see and have a fuller and healthier face

I am so pleased that I want to share with anyone who may have this disorder to understand that there's a positive solution.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Unfortunately, infection and or rejection set in....

Unfortunately, infection and or rejection set in. Both jaw implants had to be removed.
At this point, I remain rather discouraged. I meet with Dr. Slupchynskyj in a two weeks and can only hope he has some type of solution.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Please remove me from your forum. I am so angry...

Please remove me from your forum. I am so angry over the outcome of my jaw and other procedures done. That I would not recommend anything surgical at this time. I have nothing but negative and horrible things to donate to you about my surgeon. I also do not appreciate being able to google this information attached to my full name. Again I have nothing to really add then buyer beware and to remove me from Realself.

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Internet and case studiesUpdated on 25 Feb 2013:I have spent several years researching different types of doctors who do facial implants by searching the web.