Facelift: Go to Dr. S - New York

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. S was chosen after a thorough review of several highly rated surgeons throughout the eastern US. I was prompted to write a review when I read an article in a magazine quoting a "prestigous" plastic surgeon from NYC. I had a face lift and brow lift several months ago, and the surgeon quoted in the article, Dr Rizk, was one of the doctors I interviewed before deciding on surgery. Rizk's office is typical, although I did note his claim of original museum quality art for his patrons to enjoy! I'm not sure about the quality of the art but I DID get a good giggle over the much bragged about $6,000 toilet in the restroom. Rizk inspects you and circles you while critiquing your appearance much like your old headmaster when you rolled your skirt band too high. He was not unkind but seemed more like a salesman than a doctor. He was extremely pushy about procedures I had know interest in. Including suggesting procedures he didn't do himself, but, shockingly, he had suggestions who I should go to. Finally, I was told the fees for his services, which were close to but a little higher than anyone else except for the additional $4500 he charges for a 'facility fee", which is in the same building as his office. This makes him rediculously uncompetitive with the top plastic surgeons, including Dr. Slupchynskj ( Dr. S). You are surely paying Rizk for his love of gadgetry and , I suspect, a publicist as well! After striking Rizk off the list of potential surgeons, I interviewed several other candidates and ultimately selected Dr. S. He immediately struck me as someone that took surgery and my face seriously. He has a quiet, down to earth and professional manner along with a lovely sense of humor. He asked what procedures I was most interested in, and actually talked me out of blepharoplasty surgery because he felt it would give my eyes a hollow look that is a telling sign of surgery. He suggested that I wait several years before considering the procedure, and I'm glad I didn't have it done. My results are natural and beautiful. One thing that I appreciated with Dr. S is that he is always available to address any questions or concerns. He returns calls, texts and emails and never belittles your concerns or makes you feel that you are bothersome (although I probably was). His staff is small but friendly and helpful. Dr. S has an onsite surgery center which is included in the quoted price. No "facility fee" is added. Dr. S can provide someone with experience to stay with you overnight for about half of what Rizk charges and also provide access to a private car to take you home. If you want a doctor who is professional, caring, and a talented Plastic Surgeon, please consult with Dr. S. before you choose a surgeon. Ultimately it is the final results of your surgery that determines if it is a success. My results are fantastic as was the entire experience. I will be back in Dr. S's office in a few years for blepharoplasty surgery!

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in