Love Him! Great Experience - New York, NY

Then I met Dr. Engler. He sat down with me and we...

Then I met Dr. Engler. He sat down with me and we talked for over twenty minutes! The man has even written a book on the very procedure I wanted. I flipped through it, and the before-and-after shots were impressive. Clearly this man knows what he’s doing. Then he quoted me a price which, since he was willing to do it under local anesthesia alone, was less than the other doctor was charging.

The procedure was done in the office. I opted for local anesthesia, and I’m happy I did. It saves money, for one thing. I had several numbing injections in each eyelid. Most of them weren’t too bad – one was a little more uncomfortable. I chatted with the doctor and nurse while we waited for them to take effect. Once the procedure started, I felt no pain, just some occasionally tugging. I t was all over quickly (about an hour, I think), and I was absolutely fine. It was great not to have to come out of the fog of IV sedation before going home.

I had a prescription for Vicodin, but I only needed it the first day. My eyes were fairly swollen on the second day, but by the third day, the swelling had gone down significantly. There was minimal bruising. I had the surgery on a Thursday and went back to work the following Thursday after having the stitches removed. Dr. Engler put on bandages (Steri-strips?) after taking out the stitches, so I wore sunglasses to work, and if people asked why, I just told them the truth. If I had to do it over again, I probably would have taken the whole week off.

The results? Better than I could have imagined! Beautiful! I can finally see my eyelids again! They couldn’t look more natural. People have stopped asking me if I’m tired all the time, which was truly getting annoying. My friends say my eyes look fantastic.

I can truly recommend Dr. Engler with absolutely no reservations, and when I’m finally ready for a facelift, he’ll be my man.

P.S. – He doesn’t have a cappuccino machine, but his assistants and nurse are just as pretty.

New York Plastic Surgeon

I love, love, love this man! I went to Dr. Engler for an upper bleph. At the same time, I asked him about a lower bleph, and he said I didn’t need it. I always consider that a good sign. If a doctor is actually talking you *out* of procedures, you know he’s not in the business just to suck as much money out of you as he can. He actually cares about his patients. So before meeting with Dr. Engler, I met with another plastic surgeon. There were at least four beautiful women behind the receptionist desk. The waiting room was huge. Once I sat down, someone came over and asked me if I wanted a cappuccino. Finally they sent me to an exam room, and after awhile, the doctor came in. He didn’t even sit down. He stood there looking like he’d rather be someplace else, examined me for about three minutes and left. He never even asked me if I had any questions. So then his assistant took me into another room and talked to me about the cost. She also tried to talk me into getting a facial from their esthetician while I was there. Anyway, the price for the surgery was at the top of the range. I had a feeling I was paying for more than just the surgery. That was one expensive cappuccino.

Sounds like you had a great experience with this doctor.  I agree about underestimating the time off.  Funny how I had the impression it was 8-10 days and it was more like 2 months.  I suppose everyone is different though.  How are your eyes now, did they take a while to settle?
They look really good. There were a few bumps around the incisions that I was concerned about, but Dr. Engler assured me it was just scar tissue that would resolve on it's own, and it's almost completely gone now. Really, you can't see the scar unless I close my eyes and you stare very closely.

I'll try to post before/after pics, but I'm having a little trouble with the website. For instance, somehow my review above was split in two.