EMATRIX - Did Anyone Have Really UNEVEN SPLOTCHY Grid Marks on Only Small Parts of the Face? - New York, NY

Hoping to post pics soon but wanted to share my...

Hoping to post pics soon but wanted to share my experience so far. I had my first session in October. I haven't been able to tell a difference just yet but my term did say it takes about 5 treatments. At over $1000 per session, I am really hoping that it will take me just one more session.

First session: the downtime was much better than Fraxel. The grid marks go away in a few days. Procedure was painless thanks to some numbing cream. The entire procedure takes about 120 seconds.

Second session: I had numbing cream on for about 45 minutes and then was asked to wash it off my face. Problem was, there was only ice cold water running from the sink so it was hard to take off the numbing cream. I have blotchy grid marks (meaning, there are very defined areas on my face that have NO grid marks) so I"m wondering if some of the remaining numbing cream prevented the waves/laser from penetrating my skin.

I'll be able to better share my experience / results in about a week.
New York Dermatologic Surgeon

I like the office staff here. This woman Kate was especially nice. Overall the office is run nicely and I've been going to Dr. Day for many many years. She's very personable and doesn't rush appointments. She helped me w/ some acne issues in the past and now I'm looking to doing something about my scars and wrinkles. This Ematrix is quite expensive and I just finished my 2nd session so I'm hoping there's a return on investment even if it's small.

I'm trying to acne scars. After 2 sessions of e-matrix, I have to say I'm disappointed in results. It's been 6 months now (I was told the effects would be maximized by month 6). But ironically, my skin appears somewhat worse. The skin feels looser and the scars appear more prominent. Prior to getting treated by Dr. Day, I also did Fraxel treatments at another practice (maybe about 3-4 of them) and I thought I saw slight improvement so perhaps I should have just stuck w/ that? Either way, I'm becoming increasingly dubious of the efficacy of laser treatments (both fraxel and matrix). They take minutes to do at the physician's office but cost thousands of dollars. I've probably spent about $7000 so far in treatments (yikes) and it's the one thing I was willing to invest in despite the steep cost. I've also heard of the derma roller but how can it be that a $35 device be as effective as those expensive procedures??
Here is a link to our video section that speaks to Acne Scar Treatment. As for the Derma Roller the community has given it a 74% worth it rating, you can click here to read reviews. Here is an explaination in a video about Medical Micro-needling (Derma rolling)

Welcome to the community :) Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Ematrix laser. What is it that you are treating? Look forward to your pictures.