Loss of Thousands of Dollars Due to Misrepresentation by Dr. Brightman Re Zeltiq - New York, NY

Very bad experience with Dr. Lori Brightman. I...

Very bad experience with Dr. Lori Brightman. I went in for zeltiq on both outer thighs. Quite apart from the fact that it did not work at all- I repeatedly measured the area three and six months afterwards (and they measured the areas a year after the procedure as well so there was no question and she conceded that there was no difference whatsoever in the diameter of the thighs) she led me to believe that the procedure would work and said that to get really good results I needed to do a second session on both outer thighs not long after the first was done for the best results ( thereby doing the second procedure before one could ascertain whether the first one even worked.) It is a complete scam. Clearly zeltiq works on some people although 3-6 months out there was no difference in my case- but if you make the mistake of going to her do not be persuaded to do a second session before you can see if you even got any results after the first. Had I not been led to believe by Dr. Brightman that the procedure worked I would never have done the second session before seeing if I got results. It is her claim that doing these two sessions in short succession improves the final result- I checked with the company that manufactures Zeltiq and have no such data and another reputable dermatologist confirmed that doing multiple treatments in short succession did not improve the end result so her motivations were purely mercenary. She also encouraged me to do other procedures that other dermatologist told me I did not need. Encouraging patients to do two procedures before you even know if it works s amounts to a scam in my view. She is not a professional though she may be competent in her area-it is very clear her only concern is making money When I pointed out that I had expended 1.0000s of dollars at her recommendation and did a second sequence before seeing any results at her insistence- she made it clear that this was a matter of complete indifference to her and said that she never said that the procedure worked ( entirely untrue).
New York Dermatologic Surgeon

Based on my own experience I would say that Dr. Brightman has a basic competence but that competence is entirely undermined by her mercenary motivations. She encouraged me to have a second procedure without even knowing that the first one had worked telling me that this would improve the final end result ( I had Zeltiq on my outer thighs- I am slim with a slight bulge in the outer thigh area) which was a lie- I had no improvement WHATSOEVER. which she acknowledged on a follow- up visit some months later. Had she not mislead me I would have the first round of Zeliq to see if it worked and not spent another near 1,000 for no reason whatsoever. When I pointed this out to her her attitude was that one can never know if a procedure will work. If that is the case why did she encourage me to have second session before the results of the first session were known which would take at least three months. I am absolutely outraged and warn other people that while I presume she is competent she is not acting in patients best interest but rather her overriding interest is in lining her own pocketbook.

Thank you for sharing this experience. I hope you find support from our community.