My Chin Impant Experience -1 Month Post Op (Jury Still Out) New York, NY

I am almost a month out from a chin implant and...

I am almost a month out from a chin implant and neck lipo. I promised myself that I would post something here to help others. I am a 47 year old male with a slightly recessed chin - I had a medium 4.6mm silicone implant inserted under the chin. For anyone considering this, it is a big deal and you need to have a solid 2 weeks to recover. It can make a huge positive difference but there is a ton of swelling and numbness. I am only now considering keeping it but for the 1st 2 - 3 weeks, it was hell. Numbness in ear (due to the lipo and the great auricular nerve), lower lip and under the chin. Its getting better but still looks too large. Everything I read says 3 months to see the final result so I am still hopeful. Happy to answer any questions - I have lived on these boards for the last month. Overall happy with my doctor as I think he did what I asked. Its just a matter of if I like it or not. I will say that I had 3 consults with different doctors and they all downplayed the recovery on this. I am told that since it is silicone, its an easy removal if I want (doc said 10 minutes under local) but I know there is more to it. Anytime you disturb nerves, they are resilient bate take a ton of time to heal. My numbness is just starting go away but at this rate, it will take months and I am hopeful it will be 100%. Shaving is hell as you can imagine. Happy to answer any questions from anyone.

Thank you for paying it forward and starting your story! It's so good to know the realities of the recovery. Would you consider posting photos? Even if just from your nose down, it would help others so much.
Well it will be 5 weeks tomorrow. Parts if ear still numb and lower lip but I think it's healing (or could be wishful thinking). Neck still tight but gets a little better each day. I still hope there is some swelling as right now it looks a bit large. I will try to post some photos tomorrow.
Thank you so mach for sharing this . Did it also make any effect on closeing your lips thogether? Made it harder?
Closing my lips is not a problem but opening my mouth is still stiff and it's now 6 weeks today. I also have some tightness under my neck because of the lipo that was done. In many ways the neck lipo was a harder recovery than the chin.
I wish you all best with the final results. I want to do a chin imlant because my chin is very small to my face .i am 27 years old with pretty face but very childish apperance, also my lower lip is droppy and i hope that a chin lmplant can help bring it upwards and not downwards to look worse. Also i know that the best is a implant made of hard silicone ant it must be fixed with screw to prevent bone erosion and movment. I m stil looking for the rigth doctor. I wish you allthe best and hope youll be happy with your final result...(: