Small Cs Please -New York, NY

I'm a 31 year old mother of a soon to be 10 year...

I'm a 31 year old mother of a soon to be 10 year old boy. I am 5'1'' and 118 lbs. After having my son my breast size went from a C/D to a DD or so I thought.

2 years ago I went to get fitted for a bra at intimacy and they told me I would need to buy a 32 G bra and have the band adjusted to a 28 band. I was so shocked I was considered a G cup size, that just sounds so big. So I started considering a breast reduction and a friend of mine totally scared me out of doing it because of his girlfriends experience.

It's been on my mind a lot last year after going to Nordstrom and buying a bra that cost $69, oh and I also found out that I don't wear a G cup anymore I wear a H ( its the certain brands that they had there). I'm just tired of it, so I decided to go for a consultation.

I have scheduled my surgery for March 18 2013 at 8 AM. I am so excited to do this procedure and I'm also a bit nervous. I guess the closer the date comes the more nervous I get. I am scared of needles and I hate IVs ( horrible experience while giving birth) . I am hoping after the surgery to be a small C , so hopefully wearing a 30C/32B/C depending on brand. I am looking forward to wearing a clothes that actually fit and look great on me.

I got all the prescriptions filled already and will start taking the bruiseguard they gave me on friday. The surgeon said I will not be coming home with drains so hopefully I still won't after the surgery. I will give more updates of my experience after the surgery.

Wow
I hope your surgery went well...
Good luck! Right around the corner!
I wish you all the luck in the world, please let us know how everything goes. We could be twins. I'm 28 years old, 5'1" and 119lbs. I also wear a 30G, I'm hoping to get this surgery done soon. I'm waiting on my insurance, I know theres a good chance it wont get approved but i thought I would atleast try. Were you able to use your insurance?
Thanks so much. No I didn't even try to see if they will cover it. I just paid out of pocket. I got approved by care credit and used some savings for this procedure. The surgeon's office had payment options through the care credit and the one I chose was no interest for a year. I hope everything works out for you.
I starting to realize that most of what the women feel lifted away is emotional even if the physical pain is the reason for the reduction. Even if this hasn't been my experience, being busty has been a horrible burden for most of these women. It makes me tear up thinking about it.
Can't wait to see you happy too. So glad you are able to get what you want.
Thank you, I can't wait until monday. I do have the upper back pains, shoulder pains and really bad neck pains over the years but It started getting worst last year. I started thinking it was because of the weight I gained over the past year (5 lbs). I have lost weight everywhere except for my breast and I feel if lose anymore I will wither away. Im already so skinny. What I hate most about being busty is the stares I get, I am really self conscious about it, I usually just cover them up or try to hide them. I do understand most of the women on this site at least the stories I have read. I am so happy for all of them in whatever decisions they make. If they are happy I'm happy. I know it will be an emotional weight lifted also and I am so ready for it. The only thing I constantly think about is how long after the procedure it will take before I can go back to dancing. I figured I will miss out all spring but hopefully will be able to do outdoor dancing by summer time.
Hi MissFiona, good luck with your surgery on the 18th. I'm 5'1" and 110lbs. before my surgery at the end of January I was a 30E/32DD and am now a small C cup. I'm still swollen, so am hoping I might go down to a B cup once I'm all healed up. I'm very athletic and can tell you that hands down this really is the best thing I ever did and I wish I'd done it years ago! From your photo your frame looks very slight and I'm sure you'll be happy with the outcome. Try not to worry about the IV. I'm scared of needles too and had a bad needle experience last year when I had some surgery. I was pretty freaked out about the prospect of the IV this time around and told the anaesthetist so! She was super gentle and I completely wasted my worry as I didn't even feel the needle go in! Good luck and I look forward to hearing how you get on :)
Thanks, I'm sure I will be fine and the surgeon is pretty great from what I have heard. I love the after pictures, you are healing very well.
What exactly are you tired of? Wearing a bra in a size that you don't like because you think its size is "too big"? So what? A bra size is just a number (and an arbitrary one at that, based on the manufacturer and the country of manufacture). Do you have debilitating back pain? Do you exercise to strengthen your back muscles? Do you intend to breastfeed again? Do yourself a big favor and see a professional bra-fitter (not a clerk in a department store) and get fitted properly with a bra that's the right cup AND band size for you and don't be scared by size numbers. Believe me, there are PLENTY of clothes "out there" that will look and feel great on you if you take the time to find them (online if not in person). Presuming you have insurance paying for your operation, you can cancel and reschedule for six (6) months from when you were approved. Surgery should be your absolute LAST resort. It doesn't sound like you've explored all your options!
@ siemprebonita Why are you so NEGATIVE? Why are you on this site? I didn't come on this site to share my experiences for you to give me any negative criticism. Who are you to tell me that I have not explored all my options? You don’t know who I am and what my experiences are. If you have anymore negative comments just keep them to yourself and stop posting them on people comments.
So sorry MissF. I thought you might appreciate hearing both sides of a discussion and I was merely replying based on what you wrote. If you have explored other non-surgical options, good for you; you should! (You only complained about the price and size of bras in your post.) It was not my intention to upset you, quite the opposite. If you left out pertinent facts (like the fact that you have pain you think might be attributable to the weight of your breasts) well, I am not a mind reader! I wear a 36N bra and I do not give a #%$@ what others may think of that large cup size. I exercise and have gone for acupuncture and massages and my pain is manageable. In other words, I"practice what I preach." If you prefer another type of response, OK. . . . You go, girl! Sounds like you covered all bases and everything will be just fine. Don't worry and good luck.
You are making some valid points, but you're attitude is uncalled for. Do you have a. Large bust? You seem to have no empathy.