Long Road to Recovery! - New York, NY

Just wanted to share that I had my BR w/ FNG on...

Just wanted to share that I had my BR w/ FNG on 7/22 and am feeling well! So far no serious issues besides constipation - that was the worse! It's because I'm taking iron supplements in addiition to Vicodin (recently found out i'm anemic) But today I just took 2 ES tylenol and left it at that. Ladies, avoid constipation at all costs!!! Fiber, flaxseed, colace, prune juice -whatever it takes! Most of my pain comes from my side incisions and one side is verrrry swollen from too much activity : ( - got some Bromelein from gnc and hoping that helps - I think just eating fresh pineapple is best so i'm going to buy some as well and take it easy for the next few days. Good luck with everyone's journey and recoveries!

Side incision issues???

Hello all - has anyone had issues with side incisions healing properly? Mine seems to be infected imo b/c it's oozing green AND yellow discharge and still looks bloody/raw- sorry if gross. Also stinging alot and very swollen. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Nipple bolsters removed

Hello all! So I finally had an official post op appt this fri and got my fng bolsters removed. My ps didnt think much of my oozing on my side incisions : / - he said it was normal and when he took the tape strips off it didnt't seem to be infected - just still very swollen and bursting at the seams (still have tightness from sutures that are still in). So I guess all is well. My boobs still seem small to me and I will be shopping very soon for shape wear for my new stomach : ( - ugh. It will prob be a very long time before I post more pics b/c my nipple graphs are just about to fall off, lol. *Sigh* I was really rooting for them to stay put! It won't be pretty I can already tell and I can't wait to see how it all heals, pigment wise. The skin underneath appears to be a glaring red - positively frightening, lol. I wish all of you ladies the best and speedy recoveries. Thanks for all the well wishes : )!

Wow that completely gave me confidence. I totally don't want I be sedated, but hat coupled with the thought of pain freaks me out. I'm ready!!!
Go girl!! Nothing to be scared about
You look great! I have 22 days until my surgery! How was your pain level post op?
Hi LuvKors and thanks : )! Congrats on your upcoming surgery. Pain level post op was very little - just some mild burning and discomfort. It is a very fuzzy pain and as soon as you wake up it will be managed by a nurse. They will have pain meds ready when you wake up. At home, it wasn't bad either - I only took the pain pills for a few days as needed.
Good luck on your upcoming surgery. I am 7 days post surgery and I can tell u this about pain! I had 0 level of pain since surgery till now. my pain meds are still here cos they are PNRs. I have been greatly amazed at this cos I know I had incisions but why no pain, I gladly don't know. They put me on a pre surgery recovery vitamin program and its my guess that they had something to do with my minimal pain. Anyway simply follow the instructions given by your surgeon and Nurse and you should be good. Nothing alarming. Good luck.
I am so glad to hear there is no infection, You look awesome! Wishing you a speedy healing as well :-). The new skin will heal around your nipple and you will look perfect!
aww thanks so much Babs : D! I probably overreacted about the oozing - it did taper off after a few days but its just scary that one side is having such an issue. I am reaaally hoping the new skin will heals well! But only time will tell - tooo much time! lol - Thanks so much for your kind words and best wishes on your recovery as well : )!
You should call your doctor about the oozing and raw/painful... Best of luck!
Thanks Tam! - Im gonna go in tomm and get some peace of mind on it - hopefully it's normal drainage
I hope you continue to heal comfortably, I joked with everyone that i didn't think i had any incisions lol, because i was waiting for them to rub, or ooze or bleed but i don't have any of those problems. Your size looks great are you happy with the size? Also my girls are still numb to the touch, did you have any numbness?
La Tasha 410, I hear you. Am just comfortable with everything. No numbness, I had to touch my nipples after reading your post and everything feels fine, I hope it stays that way. I look great. I was a 34DDD and I think am a now a C or who knows a D. they are a little swollen yet but I see great, feel great and just loving it. I hope I can drive tomorrow!
Glad to see you are healing well!!!! Take a look at my pics, i am sooo happy with the transformation i just want to share it with everyone!
Hey Latasha! Everything seems to be going well except my side incisions - one of them stings sooo much and looks infected! I hate ooze : ( -!lol - Im so glad to hear u didn't experience any of that - it gives alot of people hope that things will improve and turn out great : )! I'm iffy about my size : / - on one hand - i dont miss those bigguns one bit! But now, damn I feel soo flat, I don't think my boobs were ever this small. seriously! looking at implants in a whole new light -lol! They do feel numb esp the nipples, but i def expected that.
I'm glad u are healing well too! : )! Hurraaay for healing! lol!
Gir, in reference to size i told my ps the smaller the better lol, I've had these big bags for so long, i would be fine without them. I'm so excited to buy normal tops, i used to hate shopping myself now i done brought 5 tops already and am in love with this new body!!! I'm sure you fall in love with your new size. Have you drove yet? My doc said the main reason for no driving is the pain meds which cause drowsiness.
Hey! I said something similar to mine and I think he took it to heart lol - I think i'll come to terms with them - the only problem is my stomach, lol - one kid did its damage and now that's all I see @-@! I kinda wish they were bigger so they could still hide it a little. But if there's one thing this surgery motivates you to do is lose weight - i wasn't really gonna focus on tht right away but i'm on the heavy side and w/ small boobs it's not working, lol! I haven't drove yet but i think I would if i needed to. Don't go pulling anything tho, i'd say take it easy and don't chance it if ur taking pain meds - and until ur Dr clears u of course.
Driving sucks now cause you cant reach your arm all the way around when turning and you feel each bump. I agree with the belly thing, i feel like it sticks out! You are a wonderful size now, I think you will love them. My first thought after the surgery was 'damn I'm small!' But now I'm loving it! I fit into the tops of most bathing suits now, no more busting out! Now to work on my bottom half! Lol.
Does your dr have you putting on neosporin? I am still at 23 days post op. maybe that will help with some of the incisions? I put up pics of my incisions. Mine did look pretty raw for awhile but I didn't take pics if it till recently. Not too bad now.
Hi Babs! and thanks for the advice. I have some triple antibiotic ointment that I put on it a couple of times and that's when the I started noticing the greenish discharge - it was prob just a coincidence tho. Also, since i still have some kind of tape strip over the incisions i wasn't sure if I should pack on the ointments - My ps office told me not to even clean it - just change the gauze, and Im so confused about that! I wish I cld use some peroxide and neosporin stat! : ( - Those are my fav things for bad cuts. I'm gonna check out pics
Thanks a good point about the driving - l forgot about the bumps, lol. Thanks a million for the encouragement regarding the size : D!!- I am hoping i'll love them : ) - I had a few moments where I was scared he took out too much - if only this swelling would disappear once and for all! : ( - making incision pain worse.
Lol, I'm a peroxide and neosporin girl myself. Good luck, I hope they get better!
My doc told me to take some ibruprophen for the swelling and I was having oober sensitivity with nipples. They used to be numb with all the weight and now just water flowing on them is weird. Been a long time since I felt this much sensitivity there. Lol
Lol! That's a good thing and i'm so glad to hear it : )! With my procedure, all of that is compromised but can vary person to person. I'm realllly hoping I have even a little bit of your problem missy ; )!
lol! and thanks me too!