Long Awaited Reduction - New York, NY

So, I came across through a website search and...

So, I came across through a website search and thought this would be a great way to share my thoughts and feelings to people who have been throught it or going through it. Let's go back to the beginning. I come from a long line of large and heavy breast women. Ever since I can remember I had breast. As I got older they got bigger. In high school I was a full C and stayed that way until I had my first child. I breast fed her for two years and I gained a lot of weight. Before my daughter I was 5'4 about 125lbs (my heaviest) with a full C cup breast. They were big for my size but they were nice and perky. After I had my child my weight was no longer 125. It was 150 and my breast were no longer the perfect C cup. They were now a DD and it pretty much stayed DD. The only change was the band size. I currently weight 150 or more, mostly beacuse of birth control pills, and my bra size is 36DD.

My big day is August 18, 2012. I am excited to be...

My big day is August 18, 2012. I am excited to be comfortable and normal again and nervous that a big part of me will no longer be. Its for the best so I am more excited than anything.

BR is September not August 18, 2012

BR is September not August 18, 2012
Dr. Belsely

I came aross my doctor through my insurance provider handbook. Of all the surgeons listed her name was the only one my eyes saw. I saw two other doctors but I didn't feel a connection. I felt like they had some other important place for them to be and I was just wasiting their time.My new PS was nothing like that. She is the best, love her, very patience and caring. She listens and that is the most important thing for me. Someone that is listening to what I want and how my breast makes me feel is important. I think beacuse of her attentiveness is why I got my approval. My first PS was messy and I'm glad my insurance didn't approve my surgrey with him. I'm very happy that I learned my lesson to not interview with only one PS. Speak to as many as you can and choose who you feel like the best PS for you. Do your research and ask questions. A true PS that honestly take his job serious will be happy to answer your questions.

Welcome Mel! Its a good thing our kids are so stinking cute, because they sure do a number on our bodies :-D

You are going to be thrilled with the changes you will realize once you've had this procedure! I feel such a sense of freedom!