Subtle, Natural, Perfect - New York, NY

Even though I had been thinking and dreaming about...

Even though I had been thinking and dreaming about breast implants since about age 16, the process of researching doctors, methods, and before and after pictures sent me into a panic. I read a lot of horror stories (and sometimes saw accompanying pictures) about lopsidedness, the "wall-eyed" effect, and huge, hard globes that aggressively protrude from the sternum. I'm 5'6'' and 115 pounds and was a 32A pre-op. I was definitely looking for implants that were subtle and natural, that would complement my slim frame, fill out my clothes a bit better, and make me feel more comfortable in a bikini. I'm also an actress, and my first year of auditioning in New York landed me roles playing 15 and 16 year-olds...at age 23. As soon as I would look at a character description that included the word "sexy" I knew I wasn't going to book it. So opting for surgery was both a personal and professional choice for me, but on both fronts, I knew the best look - the one that would make me feel confident and appear versatile - would be a natural one.

The results could not have been better. We decided on 250cc implants, and even though EVERYONE tells you that they will be hard, swollen, and painful post-op, I was still shocked by how big they were, how high they sat, and how long it took for the swelling to go down. I was nervous that we had gone too big and wasn't 100% happy with the size, shape, and feel until about 8 weeks post-op. However, in the intervening appointments, Dr. Engler and his staff reassured me that my implants looked great and were only going to look better and better as time went on; I left every time feeling optimistic about the final result. Now it has been three months since my operation, and I wouldn't change a thing. They are soft (and getting softer all the time), "slope" down naturally (no globes), and sit where they would on my body had I been blessed with natural breasts. And this might sound strange, but I personally have always been insecure about my tiny, boy-like nipples, but now my nipples are larger and oddly more sensitive, which is an unexpected plus! Literally everything I own fits me better, and I didn't need to get any new clothes, just new bras. I can show cleavage when I want to, and I no longer go to auditions for Law & Order: SVU with a padded AND stuffed bra just so I can look like a semi-believable prostitute. The first time I tried on a bikini (something I've largely avoided since the age of 15) I burst into tears because I was so happy with how I looked.

I was really nervous about the results being obvious to my friends and family, but no one has said anything. I've only told a few people post-op and they've all been shocked. This is exactly the result I wanted: a subtle transition from being on the small side of an A cup and having to wear padded bras just so my clothes will fit to a comfortable, full B cup. Dr. Engler is truly a master and I could not be more thrilled with my new breasts!

New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Engler immediately put my major fears to rest. Honestly, I have never met a doctor who made me feel more at ease in my life - and both my parents are doctors! In my initial consultation he addressed all my questions with a combination of obvious expertise in the field, anecdotes, and humor: the definition of "good bedside manner." He was very understanding of the aesthetic I was aiming for, and assured me that the size I wanted (a full B cup) was going to look and feel natural on my frame, and advised me to use silicone rather than saline for the same reasons. I walked out of our first meeting still a little nervous, but he and his warm, wonderful staff gave me all the materials I needed to feel like I was making the right decision (including a fun way to test out different sizes at home). In the appointments leading up to the actual surgery, Dr. Engler was very thorough in determining what exact size would look best on my body; he even considered different-sized implants because one breast was slightly larger than the other, and a bone in my sternum protruded slightly more on one side which can affect the way the implant sits. These are the kinds of tiny details Dr. Engler pays attention to: details I hadn't even noticed about my own body!

i can really relate. i have been feeling like i wanted to have a breast op since i was baout 15 where all the girls in my class was developing and as each year passed i just stayed the same. Even as i was expecting both my boys i just filled a 32A bra. my op is sceduled for dec 14th and i cannot wait. your story is so nice and helps me to relax knowing i will like yourself b able to wear a bikini or simply not have to wear a hugly padded bra simply to fill out my clothes. well cone and congrats on ur new girls x

Good for you! Your story is lovely and you've written it really well. Thanks for sharing.

It sounds like you had a really great experience! Congrats :)