Breast Lift and Implants - New York, NY

Since my teenage years I’ve wanted to have...

New York Plastic Surgeon

Since my teenage years I’ve wanted to have breast implants; and at 29 years old, after having two kids, not only did I want the implants but I badly needed a lift as well. After talking to friends and family I was referred to Dr. Engler. The moment I met him I knew he was the right surgeon for me; I did have consults with others, but he was by far the best (even my Mom was impressed, and that’s hard to do). Dr. Engler and his entire staff are so warm and welcoming you immediately feel like family; his office is two hours from my home and I always looked forward to my appointments despite the drive. Dr. Engler is extremely passionate about his work and his patients which was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted someone who was as fanatical about my outcome and overall happiness as I was and Dr. Engler was exactly that. We decided to do a lift and implant at the same time. The morning of my surgery I was nervous; surgery is always scary, but that was magnified with the thought of my 3 year old and 8 month old at home. Dr. Engler and his anesthesiologist did a great job keeping my mind off that and focused on a more fun, light conversation. After the surgery, that afternoon and evening, Dr. Engler personally called twice to check on me and make sure I was doing ok. He did this twice a day for an entire week, including Saturday and Sunday. A few times I emailed him with minor questions and always got an immediate response back. One time specifically, I had emailed him at 7:45am Saturday morning and told him that it was no rush, as it was not an important or concerning question, and that hearing from him Monday when he got back to the office was fine. Instead, I got a phone call that same Saturday morning at 8:20am responding to my email and answering my question. No matter what time, or day, Dr. Engler was always there for me, for any reason, and despite what I may have been interrupting him from he always made me feel like I was the only thing that mattered at that moment. The first time I saw my new breasts I was ecstatic and totally impressed with his work. I knew that he would do a perfect job. I knew that no other surgeon would have been able to give me the same results he did. Not only did he give me gorgeous new breasts but he also made me feel amazing again.

Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear you are pleased with your PS and your results! Hoping your mom helped you with your little ones during your recovery. Any tips and hints on taking care of an 8 month old post op? Did you go with saline or silicone and how many cc's? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!

I went with the silicon for a more natural feel/look, just was my preferance. Dr. E put 300 cc's in. Because of doing a lift at the same time you can't go real big with the cc's due to the complextiy of the surgery and basically opposing forces. The lift pulls you up and in and the implant does the opposite so Dr. E needed to make sure he had the right balance. I am really happy with the 300 cc's, I didnt want to have really large breasts, I wanted a more realistic look which is exactly what I got. Bra size, I am a 34 C now. As far as taking care of a baby post op it was LOTS of help from my mom and husband. I didn't lift her at all for 2 weeks....

Thank goodness for your mom and husband helping you out during recovery! Your explanation about the opposing forces taking place between the lift and implants is excellent. I think many women do not understand this. Let us know how bra and swim suit shopping go!  :)