Best Surgeon... Impeccable Work and Amazing Care and Detail from Start to Finish! - New York, NY

I had BA about five years ago but then I developed...

I had BA about five years ago but then I developed a capsular contracture on one side. After living uncomfortably with it for over a year and trying every alternative method to correct/ repair it, revision surgery seemed to be the only option left.

My previous BA was done on the west coast and I had since relocated to NY. While I have no major complaints about my previous surgeon it didn't make sense to fly back there for the revision.

I began the arduous process of researching the best plastic surgeons in NY and setting up consultations.

Due to the constraints of my job, my needs were quite specific and I only had a small window of time to have consultations, make a decision, schedule surgery and have sufficient time to recover.

New York Plastic Surgeon

I met with several PS in the city and although qualified and highly recommend I still did not feel they were the right choice for me. I was impressed by all the great and consistent reviews and when I met Dr. E he lived up to his reputation of excellence. I met with several PS in the city and although qualified and highly recommend I still did not feel they were the right choice for me.From the moment I called Dr. Engler's office to set up a consultation my expectations were exceeded and I am continually impressed at the level of personal attention, care and expertise every member of his team exhibits. Arlene completely understood my situation and worked miracles to get me the consultation I needed and was able to secure a surgery date within the exact window I had available. Upon meeting Dr. Engler, he instantly put me at ease. I work as an actress and commercial print model and achieving a VERY natural result was important to me in addition to correcting the very painful contracture. He really listened and understood my concerns. He explained things to me in a way that no other surgeon had and discussed my options answering the many questions I had in detail and told me I could email him personally if any other questions or concerns came up after I left. Which I did, several times and he would either answer me back promptly or call me personally if it required a more lengthy response. I knew I had finally found the right person I could trust with what would be an extensive procedure. As I mentioned before, I had a very small window in which to have the surgery with sufficient time to recover before returning back to work. As it turned out, Hurricane Sandy also decided to pay NY a visit. Dr. Engler called me every day the weekend before the scheduled surgery as we were now in standby mode not knowing if/how Sandy would affect us and we discussed different options and possible last minute date changes. Sandy proved to be as disastrous as predicted and I was not able to go in on my scheduled date. Still we pressed on hoping that things would settle down enough and we might eventually be able to do it within the time frame I needed;. if not, I would have to wait and suffer the pain until the new year which was the soonest I would have a break from work. Dr. Engler stayed in communication via phone calls and text and we were, eventually able to do the surgery.. When I got to the office on the day of surgery he consulted with me again before marking me up for surgery. He had me meet with everyone that would be in the room during the surgery and I felt extremely comfortable and assured I was in good hands. Katie and the anesthesiologist were outstanding. Post op, Dr. E came out to speak to my boyfriend who had been waiting for me during the lengthy procedure and assured him that the surgery went well and that I was in the recovery room. Then, it turned out that my ride home was stuck in traffic. Dr. E himself actually stayed in the office late into the evening and he personally brought me to the car. Post op Dr. E checked on me every single day by phone for the first week. That really meant a lot to me. I had been living with pain and tightness across my chest that radiated into my arm for over a year. Post surgery I immediately felt a difference and it was such a relief. I cannot begin to express how lovely and refreshing it is to meet not only someone in the medical field but a human being that takes such amazing care of his patients as Dr. Engler. His personal attention and passion for his craft is awe-inspiring. Not to mention, his sense of humor helped us "weather the storm." Literally. I am thrilled with the results both aesthetically and physically. The pain and tightness is gone and my breasts are soft and lovely.

So sorry you had to reschedule because of Hurricane Sandy! It sounds like you were in good hands, though. Thanks for sharing on RealSelf.