Honest and Competent Doctor with a Caring Staff - New York, NY

I was highly distressed to find out I had a severe...

I was highly distressed to find out I had a severe case of capsular contracture in my right implant that I had done by another surgeon a year ago. I remembered the excruciating pain days following my first surgery and my body's horrible reaction to all pain meds (Vicodin, Oxy..). I remember sitting in Dr. Pfeifer's office telling her in tears how I don't want to go through that again. When she heard about my issues with pain meds, she suggested something no other doctor even offered before - she recommended I take muscle relaxants instead and keep to OTC Tylenol if I still feel pain. I was scared and skeptical but wow. If only my first surgery experience was like this! The recovery after surgery was a walk in the park. I was more clear headed, relaxed and painless than I ever expected. The doctor and nurses checked up on me frequently post-op, and the scar is healing nicely now (it's been over 6 months now). I can also text with the staff instead of calling with any questions, which is highly beneficial when you want to talk to someone while at work. I highly recommend Dr. Pfeifer to anyone looking to have breast augmentation/revision. It is one of the best decisions I've ever made and I'm so grateful to everyone at Dr. Pfeifer's office.
I'm happy your revision went much smoother this time around. What a great suggestion from your doctor regarding the muscle relaxers and Tylenol. What type and size implants did you get with each surgery?
280cc silicone under muscle done via periareolar incision for first surgery. The revision was on the right side, went up to 290cc (it matched better) silicone under muscle via inframammary incision. The scar under the breast fold actually looks better than the ones around the nipple for me.
Congratulations on being symmetrical. ;) Were you experiencing any discomfort with the cc?
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon