Dr. Engler Sets the Standard! - New York, NY

Approximately 15 years ago I had a breast...

Approximately 15 years ago I had a breast augmentation procedure done in Los Angeles. Much to my dismay, one of my implants recently deflated, and I began the task of finding a doctor to perform the replacement procedure in NYC, where I now live.

After examining me, we spoke at length of my options - saline or silicone, replace one or both, capsulectomies.

I continued to do research for the next 3 weeks. During that time I started reading about women who had decided to not have their implants replaced after deflation and/or encapsulation, and even those who decided to have them removed without experiencing complications. I came to the conclusion that this was the right decision for me - to have both implants removed without replacement. I made a follow-up appointment with Dr. E and told him of my decision - that where I am personally in my life, at almost 50, I did not feel the need or desire to have implants anymore. Without hesitation, Dr. E said he was pleased I had taken time to make the decision that works for me, and with a gentle laugh, that at least I got to have a “preview” with my deflated implant of what they would look like after. This put a smile on my face - Dr. E has a wonderful way of making you at ease with his kindness and humor, and I was relieved that he did not put any pressure on me to replace the implants.

We scheduled the surgery date - a date that would work for his anesthesiologists (Dr E works only with the best - he’s very serious about this) and also accommodate my insane work schedule. On the surgery date, I was greeted once again by the staff with such sweetness and comfort. I also met 1-on-1 with the anesthesiologist - such a professional, who put me immediately at ease with his sitting down right in front of me and, with warm handshake and a “let’s get down to business” attitude, he asked me a number of questions as follow-up to my blood work to ensure he did his job right. Next I went into the operating area, and the last words I heard from Dr. E was “no worries, all will be fine”. Several hours later I was awake, groggy, feeling only tightness in my bandage-bound chest.

Dr E reviewed with my friend, who was taking me home and nursing me for the next 24 hours, the instructions for the inserted drains and my medications. (Believe me, the drains are not nearly as scary as I thought they would be, and I do understand the necessity of them, especially in my case with having both capsules removed after many years. Just make sure you have a good doctor, like Dr E, and you take the antibiotics as prescribed, and your fears will be greatly relieved.) After letting me know he would be “bugging me several times over the next few days” by calling and checking up on me, they called a car service, and even though my friend was with me, Dr. E did not leave my side until the car service was there (!).

As promised, he called personally, on his cell phone, several times over the next several days. I had no complications, very little pain (in fact, I did not take any of the prescribed pain meds) and 2 days after the surgery, on a Friday, I had my post-op. He removed the wrapped ace-bandages. Dr E, his lovely nurse Keity, and I were all so pleased - I had nice, soft, even, small(er)breasts. Dr E removed the drains, a less than 5 minute procedure, with two quick pinches. He re-wrapped me, said he would be following up over the weekend(!), that I could shower on Sunday, and that he would see me on Tuesday. As promised, Dr E called me, 3x, over the weekend. (Ok, now who does this???) On Sunday, I removed my bandages and showered. No pain, no bruising. On Tuesday,with my 2nd post-op, Dr E took another look, again expressing how wonderful everything was healing and how great I looked, which I agreed. He then told me to get dressed and then “let’s talk”. After dressing, Dr E came back in, and then for the next 20 minutes we talked about “my experience” - if I had any further questions, concerns, how I felt about the overall procedure, staff, follow-up (again, who does this?).

This was not included in my original...

This was not included in my original posting:

alto 1963..... I just read about your experience with breast implant extraction very nice experience for you.Glad it all turned out good for you.You sound really happy! I had mine,saline, in for 18 years.I had the removal surgery this past May 29th 2012. I too had one side to deflate.I had been ready for several years to get those things out of my body The surgery wasn't anywhere near the cost of yours.The total cost, $500.00 .That's all.No anesthesia.Just a few quick needle pricks for numbing and within a very few minutes,it was all over.I was fitted with elastic bandages and a front closer bra and even give a second bra as a back up.The staff was wonderful.I went back twice for aftercare.checkup.No drips.I was prescribed the usual antibiotic before surgery and a pain med for after.I didn't take but one of the pain meds.Ididn't suffer any pain just a little discomfort for a few days. afterwards.The doctor is a well known PS in Texas where I live.His usual fee is somewhat more than what I paid but for some reason, this man decided I needed a break.I didn't ask for a discount and fully expected to pay the usual fee.When I was ready to make the appt for the surgery at the nurses station..I was flabbergasted when she said, "That will be five hundred dollars".I thought I had not heard her clearly.This man was truly a Godsend.I will never forget his generosity. I brought him and his staff bags of goodies on surgery day in appreciation which they enjoyed.So, that is my great experience with implant extraction.The doctor is Dr. Wuest in Conroe Texas.
New York Plastic Surgeon

So professional, knowledgeable, kind, funny - I hold Dr Engler in the highest patient esteem and firmly believe he sets the standard for which all doctors should aspire to be. I can’t recommend him highly enough. After reading so many positive and detailed reviews on Dr. E, I called his office and spoke with Arlene, who was very sweet. She asked me a number of screening questions, and scheduled an appointment. Dr E’s office atmosphere is pleasant and serene, with a welcoming staff. I did not have to wait - Dr E was on time (as appears to be his standard) - and he greeted me with a warm smile and a firm handshake. Dr E was so patient with my myriad of questions, and was empathetic that this was not a “fun procedure”, i.e., something one would not expect to be doing all over again - the anxiety, expense, taking time off for healing (and no working out for at least 3 weeks!). Once satisfied all my questions were answered, I thanked Dr E, who not once pressured me to schedule surgery.