Great Doctor - New York, NY

The surgery itself wasn't scary or nerve wrecking....

The surgery itself wasn't scary or nerve wrecking. The anesthesia was administered and I was knocked out before I knew it, and I woke up to a new body. Although I was extremely lethargic after waking up, I could tell that I was being taken care of. Dr. Engler and his staff made sure that I would be in good hands when I was being picked up to go home.

The recovery period wasn’t as bad as one thinks it is. As expected, the first few days were the worst- the expected fatigue, soreness, and tightness. Dr Engler called me everyday to follow up. Even though I missed some of his calls at first (due to the constant sleeping as a result of the anesthesia), he left voicemails to make sure everything was okay. Although not completely recovered, I was back to work in five days. Now at three weeks post op, the swelling has gone down significantly, and I look and feel great. There are some arm movements that are still a bit uncomfortable and it takes time to adjust to, but other than that, I already sometimes forget that I even have implants. It just feels amazing.

New York Plastic Surgeon

Before choosing the surgeon for my breast augmentation, I have done extensive research on many doctors and their practices for many months. I have also contacted a few offices before setting up appointments, so that I can get a feel of the office staff and their attitudes. Before actually meeting Dr. Engler himself, I knew that he was the surgeon for me. Just by looking at his work on his website, I was completely confident in his work. After meeting him, I was certain that I was going to have him do my surgery. He was very friendly and approachable. He was also honest and realistic with the breast implant outcomes/decisions, a trait which I’m sure some doctors lack.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf. It sounds like you were well taken care of. What sort of implants did you go with?